The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
If they will pay 10 G for the caddie I could only imagine what they would pay for an elise spot

·
Registered
219 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
Whoa! I hope they realize what there actually getting. Did you see all the retracted bids?
Probably not all of them realize - I remember with the 350z several spots "sold" for 5k+, only to be relisted, and relisted, and relisted usually with stronger language every time because the winning bidder backed out upon realizing it wasn't for the car itself.

Or it could have been/be people messing with those who take up spots in line only to try to flip them, keeping those who really do want them farther down in line.

·
Registered
27 Posts
no sunroof

Just a detail, but loved the seller's comment "NO SUNROOF to save weight" on what is essentially a luxury sedan with every concievable luxury option... and weight... great rationalization, no?

·
Registered
529 Posts
HoopyFrood said:
Probably not all of them realize - I remember with the 350z several spots "sold" for 5k+, only to be relisted, and relisted, and relisted usually with stronger language every time because the winning bidder backed out upon realizing it wasn't for the car itself.

Or it could have been/be people messing with those who take up spots in line only to try to flip them, keeping those who really do want them farther down in line.

Word...some hillbilly in a trailer thinks they're getting a Caddy for $13K...won't they be surprised...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I'm really curious to see what the first few elises that hit ebay sell for! Cause you know there'll be a few on there within a month or two of the first cars arriving.
Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
One born every minute.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love the Elise, but for $13500, I would give up my place in line and wait another 9-12 months. Man, $13K for a place in line for a caddy? And people think I am crazy for getting an Elise.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The winning bidder seems to be an experienced Ebayer so they must know what they were bidding on. The seller just made 2100% on his $500 investment :eek:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Note that the winning bidder has negative feedback, including several instances of winning and not paying. Don't be so sure that it is a done deal.

(It is probably a stunt orchestrated by a GM dealer!)

Thomas

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
OK, an M5 beater, fine, I'll keep my M5 and suffer the humilation. An F**in Cadillac I'm sure a lot of enthusiasts are going to buy those. Didn't I read somewhere that the average age of a Caddie owner is over 60 ?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
James A said:
Didn't I read somewhere that the average age of a Caddie owner is over 60 ?
I have no idea about that, but I used to think that nobody was driving them, until I visited Florida a year ago. That whole state is filled with Cadillacs! ;)

Actually, this one might be one of the most interesting American cars. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I have to admit I actually kind of like the car and I think it will improve the image of Cadillac. My dad used to have a Cadillac dealership and I NEVER thought I would see myself driving one. While I wouldn't buy a CTS-V, maybe if I was a little older... (when its time to pass the elise to my kids) :(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
This is pretty disgusting.

Why would a dealer allow you to make an $80,000 profit on a car deposit? They must take a cut to allow this practice to go on. I don't know for sure, but I don't believe that you have any special rights as far as selling you spot on a waiting list; I think it's up to the dealer whether they allow this or not. However, I don't recall any language on my deposit receipt that says anything about this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts