The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Belize with the wife and our best friends in a week (another 30's couple). We're staying on Ambergris Caye. Any suggestions, advice, ideas?

I'm so excited, I can't wait! :coolnana::nanner::coolnana:

Cheers,
N

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Going to Belize with the wife and our best friends in a week (another 30's couple). We're staying on Ambergris Caye. Any suggestions, advice, ideas?

I'm so excited, I can't wait! :coolnana::nanner::coolnana:

Cheers,
N
You had better go scuba diving if you are going to Ambergris Caye. This place is known world over for some of the best reefs around. If you aren't certified now, do it ASAP before the trip. My wife and I took our first dive trip (Peter Huges liveaboard) there after we were certified and it was great!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You had better go scuba diving if you are going to Ambergris Caye. This place is known world over for some of the best reefs around. If you aren't certified now, do it ASAP before the trip. My wife and I took our first dive trip (Peter Huges liveaboard) there after we were certified and it was great!
Ya, that's what I hear, we'll definitely snorkel and I'm hoping to scuba as well. We're also hoping to go see the Mayan ruins at Lamanai.

Anyone been to San Pedro? How's the night life there?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ditto the diving and/or snorkeling in the area. It is truly amazing.

If you're going inland you should try to do some cave tubing or a cave canoe trip (we did both). Belize does a pretty good job with the whole Eco tourism bit and it's a great opportunity to see some places that are appreciated for what they are naturally. We didn't spend any time in San Pedro.

While you're on Ambergris, try renting a golf cart or bicycle. That gives you a chance to see more that just the hopped up tourist stuff. I know not everyone wants to see what real life in a place like this looks like, but it is interesting to see.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea about the golf cart, thanks. We're so excited. If I get some good pics, I'll be sure to share them.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts