The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
_JD_ said:

The sport pack wheels alone cost $2,243.00 US, so looks like the folks that ordered it are getting a pretty damn good deal.
Other than a delay. :) We should have ordered these rims and the non-LSS car and did the conversion here. :)

Nice find!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Other than the wheels, dampers/springs, everything else between an LSS and and non LSS is the same on the fed Elise? I was reading on another thread that might have said otherwise(bushings different)?

I was always under the impression that the only differences between LSS and Non LSS were the wheels, dampers/springs.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
huggy bear said:
Other than the wheels, dampers/springs, everything else between an LSS and and non LSS is the same on the fed Elise? I was reading on another thread that might have said otherwise(bushings different)?
Lets not forget the Tires...

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the sports pack and just buying a street setup for when I'm not tracking it.... maybe some 20's... oh yeah!!! Rollin rollin rollin.

·
Registered
291 Posts
huggy bear said:

I was always under the impression that the only differences between LSS and Non LSS were the wheels, dampers/springs.
The LSS also has a thicker anti-roll bar, lower ride hieght, more aggressive alignment & different steering rack.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I think the steering rack is the same, but it has spacers to compensate for the lower ride-height. This is to counteract any bump steer normally associated with lowering the car, and a good inicator of how serious Lotus is about suspension tuning, and how sensitive the Elise is to small alignment changes.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Wasn't aware of the roll bar as it is missing from most Lotus literature.

Assuming you aren't bound by SCCA classing, I would make the argument that the most serious racer would skip the sport pack in favor of purchasing an even more aggressive aftermarket package either from Lotus sport or otherwise as the most cost effective approach. Of course they have to wait longer...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts