The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after harassing every dealer from coast to coast I finally struck a deal with the great gentlemen at Lotus of Austin. I'll go ahead and say thanks to Charlie Lunsford and Sonny Morgan at the dealership. They worked a little harder than they probably had to but in the end got me taken care of.

Jenny and I hopped a flight from Fort Smith to Austin and made it to the dealership by 4:30 on Friday. When we pulled in to Lotus of Austin Charlie was putting the temporary tags on the car. When I looked at it I saw that the car had the AP Racing brakes and was actually stupid enough to ask Charlie if this was my car. I guess I had looked at and talked to so many dealers that I thought that the car I was getting had the Brembos...dumbass I am. After a quick test drive to make sure everything was good we hopped back in the dealership to finish off the paperwork. With everything good to go Jenny and I took a back road route to the Four Seasons.

We arrived at the same time half the guest that night did and got stuck in the valet line. I started thinking to myself that I didn't want some random valet touching my ride so I pulled up and told the guy I wanted to keep it close...he said of course, of course and points me to a wall about twenty feet away. He had me back it in in front of a pretty large crowd and i have to admit it that while it was a little nerve racking I was enjoying all of the attention. After a brief stint in the room we headed towards the Melting Pot a few blocks away. As I exited the hotel lobby I saw my Exige, an SL600, and a white Audi R8 all lined up...kind of made my night. Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera and missed my only shot.

The nine hour ride back to Fort Smith was more than bearable...I'm a driver by nature but I could literaly drive this car coast to coast. The drive was a little more fun than normal due to the number of random people that would pull up to take pictures while we were cruising down the highway at 80mph.

Two notable encounters on the way home:

1. About an hour north of Dallas (I think) I ran into a guy and a girl driving a new Lotus Elise. I think it was the supercharged version. I would have taken a pic but the wife accidently put her purse and our camera in the trunk on the last stop. The guy was in the passenger seat and he was pumped to see another Lotus on the road. After his daughter (or girlfriend:coolnana:) and I finished playing slot cars she pulled up beside me so he could take a picture...hopefully he's on this site so I can see that shot.

2. Around 8:00 or so we were driving on US-69 by Lake Eufaula in OK. Four big trucks gain on me. The lead truck is a dark blue Chevy SS. I had my windows down so could hear the thing approach and it was definitely not stock. He tries to get me to race a bit but I held off (the wife was awake). All four trucks had guys and gals in them and I was getting camera flashes through their tinted windows. They all pass me and then about two minutes later they all slow down. I had to pull into the left lane to go around them and thats when I saw the SS in the lead. I pulled up even to him and he rev'd it a bit. I gave him the go and we were off...no contest...the Exige screamed. Not sure how fast we got it up to but it was a 50-60mph rolling start. I hit the breaks as soon as it was clear he'd never catch me. After he passed me the other trucks did and they were all hanging out the window yelling their "Alright's!" Full disclosure-completely empty highway for as far as the eye could see...and yes, I pissed the wife off but it was worth it.

This morning I got up and after hitting the Starbucks for a double and letting a 6 yr old sit in the driver seat I hit up my old biking roads. On 71N I ran into a pack of liter bikes and kept pace with them thru the twisties. It was amazing. I can honestly say that I would never need another motorcycle as long as I own a car like this. Jenny was happy to hear that one.

So all in all I am completely satisfied. This site has been a great resource for me and hopefully I can get to meet up with you guys down the road for a Lotus meet or a track day soon.

Oh yeah...best comment of the day...Dude in a pickup with wife and kids:"Is that a Ferrari? Me: No, it's a Lotus and her name is Bella." Dude:"She's beautiful!"

My sentiments exactly.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...fantastic congratulations, i know that car well and you clearly love her!..

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
congratulations!

·
Registered
60 Posts
PICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICSPICS PICS PICS PICS PICS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy hell those images are huge...how do i make them smaller?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congratulations..... welcome to the tribe.

On the mac you can alter the size or file designation when you use the "export" to the desktop or use Photoshop etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts