The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have quickjacks (similar product) but no lotus.
I'm also interested in knowing if they'd work on an evora.

Quickjacks have been awesome for working on any of my other cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
By cross brace, you referring to that beam you have going across the top letting you put the lift pickup points closer together than normal?

I've got a 5000 non extended - so if you got the measurements for the spacing that would be awesome for me to compare against.

If not, just knowing it's doable from a sideways orientation is a good working idea to build from.

·
Registered
97 Posts
By cross brace, you referring to that beam you have going across the top letting you put the lift pickup points closer together than normal?

I've got a 5000 non extended - so if you got the measurements for the spacing that would be awesome for me to compare against.

If not, just knowing it's doable from a sideways orientation is a good working idea to build from.
If you need the measurements the best way is measure the lift pads underneath the car.

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Looks like radiator has been offroad!

Reactions: donour and Marrk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Quickjack and while it takes a few minutes to get set up, seems better than this if for no other reason than free and open access to the entire underside of the vehicle. Unless I'm missing something...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw one mention of it before but no pictures . . . I am using an EZCarlift . . . I have a Lotus Evora S and it fits perfectly with the following configuration: XM 52 spacer which spaces the lift from 38inch wide to 50inch wide . . . I place pucks on the inside to lift the front jack points and I place pucks on the outside on the rear jack points (pucks needed because the engine's belly pan has two bolts that need to be removed right next to the jacking point and the pucks give enough clearance to loosen these two bolts and remove them). I use two REK ramp extensions due to the length of the front jacking points to the rear jacking points. I use a GCK ground clearance kit - small ramp to drive the front wheels up on to so you can roll the lift under the car with clearance to use the pucks. Like the Quickjack described above, there is open access underneath (only two cross bars to space the lift). when not in use, the EZ car lift can have the spacers removed and stacked nicely in the garage out of the way. Oh, and I am using a Dewalt 9A corded drill to drive the ramp up/down.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw one mention of it before but no pictures . . . I am using an EZCarlift . . . I have a Lotus Evora S and it fits perfectly with the following configuration: XM 52 spacer which spaces the lift from 38inch wide to 50inch wide . . . I place pucks on the inside to lift the front jack points and I place pucks on the outside on the rear jack points (pucks needed because the engine's belly pan has two bolts that need to be removed right next to the jacking point and the pucks give enough clearance to loosen these two bolts and remove them). I use two REK ramp extensions due to the length of the front jacking points to the rear jacking points. I use a GCK ground clearance kit - small ramp to drive the front wheels up on to so you can roll the lift under the car with clearance to use the pucks. Like the Quickjack described above, there is open access underneath (only two cross bars to space the lift). when not in use, the EZ car lift can have the spacers removed and stacked nicely in the garage out of the way. Oh, and I am using a Dewalt 9A corded drill to drive the ramp up/down.

View attachment 1292470 View attachment 1292471
way better than bendpak! thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Quickjack and while it takes a few minutes to get set up, seems better than this if for no other reason than free and open access to the entire underside of the vehicle. Unless I'm missing something...
what type and can you share some pics?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked at the specs on the QuickJack and I don't think the length is long enough on each side to reach the front lifting point and the rear lifting point on the Evora, so you need extensions . . . you need 69inches in the length. For my EZlift, it is also 60inches for the base lift length, but I got two ramp extensions for exending each end by each 6inches, making it a total of 72inches to reach the 69inches for the Evora.

Also the front and rear lift points are not the same length apart. The front lift points are closer at 36inches apart and the rear lift points are wider at 49inches apart. The lift will need to have enough width to reach the ID of the front lift point and the OD of the rear lift point. The lift pads on the car are about 3.5inches wide. On my EZ lift, with the XM52 spacer, it places the lifting pads from 36inch apart to 52inch apart the pad is 8inches wide on the lift. So with the XM52 spacer, it is just right width for the Evora to reach the front lift point inner width and rear lift point outer width. the QuickJack looks to be 11inches wide so no problem on the width part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is clever - lift sideways. Make sure to use pucks to be able to remove the bolts for the bottom tray in the rear (need at least 1.5inches height).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sideways is a great idea, as long as you don't need to free access to the bits directly over front and/or back of the lift.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sideways is a great idea, as long as you don't need to free access to the bits directly over front and/or back of the lift.
With the lift pucks you can get the front and rear undertray off no problem. The only part that is of inconvenience is getting the Evora on lift blocks on all 4 wheels to position the quickjack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts