The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Best California Lotus Dealership

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  John4378 
#1 ·
I'm about to drop a deposite for the 2nd round of waiting lists, but would like to know where the best dealership is in California. I've dealt with Smith Volvo/Lotus in San Luis Obispo and wasn't too happy. I would like a place where I could put a $1000 deposite and get MSRP in WRITING!

Thanks in advance for any support.

Ed-

#2 ·
In northern CA there are 3 dealers, one has a $10k markup the other 2.5k . The third is putting in writing MSRP and asking for a $2k deposit. Hadn't bother pushing on deposit, so don't know how flexable they would be, SVAG other wise know as Lotus of Los Gatos. If you want to contact them the sales managers Jack or Grahm would be best.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. When you say Lotus of Los Gatos, do you mean Ferrari of Los Gatos? I only know of Ferrari of Los Gatos as a place to find new Lotus cars.

Okay...next question....

Where, in the USA, is there a dealership that will take $1K deposit and have MSRP in writing?

Ed-

#5 ·
They lost the Ferrari dealership well over a year ago, though they still have lots of used one. Offically it's Silicon Valley Auto Group (SVAG). If your coming from the Lotus USA site, Lotus of Los Gatos, yeah all one and the same. Good luck with the search.

#6 ·
I'm also in California and have a deposit at Newport. It's a good dealership, but they're asking $2500 above MSRP, according to some people in this forum.

So I put a deposit at Hunting Ridge Motorsport in Port Arthur, NY. They required $1000 and guaranteed MSRP in writing.

Contact Mark Starr if you're interested: markstarr@huntingridgemotors.com

Starr's a Lotus enthusiast, and his correspondences have been crisp, clear and candid.

Even if I pay to have my Elise shipped from NY, I figure I'll come out ahead. I think it is fair game for dealers to ask for more than MSRP, but it's also fair game for customers to seek a better price.

David

#9 ·
Star Motor Cars, Houston Texas.

Wally is the Lotus rep. $500 deposit fully refundable until you place your order for color etc. His direct line is 713.868.6831 or you can email him at starhoutx@aol.com

In talking to Wally, he has told me that his dealership has NEVER sold ANY vehicle over the MSRP, and they have been in business over 35 years. They sell Aston Martins, Benz, Lotus, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.