The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
A forum member here told me he has used Western Auto Transport and they were great. I called them for a quote and they were $600 less than Reliable for enclosed transport. Looks like they use the same equipment with lift gates and wheel tie downs. Anyone here use them?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just used Intercity to ship my 08 Exige Club Racer. They gave me a great price (only about $100 more than the brokers) and we on time, professional, and extremely courteous. They picked up the car from the seller on the exact day I requested, then got it to my door at the time/dar they specified. Only 3 days from Denver to Dayton, OH. Communication was great. Emails were answered quickly, there was always someone to answer my questions at the main line, and they gave me the trucker's cell phone so I could get updates (although he primarily called me). Car was in perfect shape when it arrived. Anyway, great experience and I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank You

Just used Intercity to ship my 08 Exige Club Racer. They gave me a great price (only about $100 more than the brokers) and we on time, professional, and extremely courteous. They picked up the car from the seller on the exact day I requested, then got it to my door at the time/dar they specified. Only 3 days from Denver to Dayton, OH. Communication was great. Emails were answered quickly, there was always someone to answer my questions at the main line, and they gave me the trucker's cell phone so I could get updates (although he primarily called me). Car was in perfect shape when it arrived. Anyway, great experience and I would highly recommend them.

Andy811,

Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate them and Thank You for your business we look forward to helping you with any future moves.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
Intercity Lines, Inc.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
When I bought mine I had it shipped from outside Boston to my front door. The seller had a friend, Paul Fluckiger , at Silverstone Motorcars. Paul set me up with a shipper who loaded the car first, installed the car cover, sent me a whole bunch of pics of the car loaded, secured, and then covered. He also carried 3boxes of parts plus the original tires and wheels. The car did not move until it was unloaded at my front door. Shipper was a great guy who showed extreme care. $1500.00 door to door with a $100.00 tip! Shippers info is:
Clark Roan
cell number is 520-603-0803

Great service, kept me advised for timing, and she made the trip with some fantistic upscale cars as company. I would advise anyone who is shipping an upscale car to give him a call. Top notch service all the way!

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
430 Posts
Hi all.

I just moved from California to Texas and used Intercity to ship my Elise.

Their service and communication was great. The car arrived in excellent condition and the driver went out of his way to help.

I would definitely use them again.

-Alex

·
Registered
113 Posts
+1 on intercity. You want this done right. They transported from Connecticut to San Diego with my Elise and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. With all the horror stories I've heard I wouldn't think twice about using them again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank You

Hi all.

I just moved from California to Texas and used Intercity to ship my Elise.

Their service and communication was great. The car arrived in excellent condition and the driver went out of his way to help.

I would definitely use them again.

-Alex
Alex,

Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to helping you with any future moves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank You

+1 on intercity. You want this done right. They transported from Connecticut to San Diego with my Elise and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. With all the horror stories I've heard I wouldn't think twice about using them again.
Dewar,

Thank you as well for your kind words and your business we certainly appreciate both. We look forward to helping you with any future moves.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had good experience with a1autotransport.com in the past (used them three times total). I'd definitely recommend using an ecnlosed carrier no matter who you choose, which costs a bit more but it's worth it in my estimation. Especially if you're having it shipped all the way across the country.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know what the car is, and it may not apply to you....

I've always been amazed by people who spend $20k, 30k, 50k, 100,000 on a car out of state and worry about the $300-$500 difference between a Great shipper and an unknown/discount shipper.

I see guys on websites like 6speed ask for shipping quotes from Intercity (a forum sponsor, and in my opinion the best carrier in the business) and end up shipping with someone from Uship or an unknown broker for their $100,000 purchase

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi johnny there are many reliable car transportation companies in the USA first you check the review on the site they will provide the enclosed carrier or open carrier to transport your vehicle and check the rate then compare with other transportation company and read out carefully there a terms and condition

21 - 33 of 33 Posts