The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys/Gals- I am #23 at Overseas Motors in Dallas. I have recently heard some real horror stories about this dealer's treatment of their Jaguar customers from the local Lotus Club. Does anyone have a perspective on the best dealership in Texas from a customer service point of view? I wouldn't mind driving to the Austin, Houston, San Antonio Dealers if they had a solid service department. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Wally,
At Star in Houston has a good rep. I had my deposit with them originally. He's a straight shooter.

Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had my Elan serviced at Overseas Motors in Dallas and didn't mind the service. From what I've seen with dealers that have both Jag and Lotus, they usually treat Jag customers better. I think that's for two reasons, 1, they sell more, and 2, they bring in more money throug the service department. Where I bought the Elan at Motor Imports in San Antonio, they also did this as they were a Jag/Lotus dealer too.

My advice is to find a good smaller dealer. I've only had really good service at the smaller places.

The rest is my experience at other dealers, as I moved from TX, but others might find it interesting.

Boardwalk Lotus in the Bay Area is very good, and kind, they are Volkswagon/Lotus. Lotus of Los Gatos, I thought were total assholes. I actually saw the service counter guy tell the mechanic what to put on my invoice there. Then I found out later, they glued a part on, since they stripped it taking it off. I'd NEVER go to them again.

Bauer Lotus in Costa Mesa is the best Lotus Dealer I've ever been to. This was for a few reasons. #1 it was ONLY Lotus. #2 the sales/manager was Dave Simkin, who eventually became part of Lotus Corp. #3 Harry is the absolute best Lotus mechanic I've ever seen. Bauer is no longer around. The closest one to Costa Mesa is Newport Lotus. Harry is running his own shop now in Costa Mesa, I'll be taking my Elise there when it needs servicing. When you find a good mechanic, you hang onto them like gold.

Barry

·
Registered
677 Posts
RobertinArgyle said:
Hey Guys/Gals- I am #23 at Overseas Motors in Dallas. I have recently heard some real horror stories about this dealer's treatment of their Jaguar customers from the local Lotus Club. Does anyone have a perspective on the best dealership in Texas from a customer service point of view? I wouldn't mind driving to the Austin, Houston, San Antonio Dealers if they had a solid service department. Any input appreciated.
I have no experience with the Lotus dealerships in Dallas and Houston ... But, I have to say my experience with Autostrada USA in Austin has been exceptional.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I haven't dealt with the Houston or Dallas dealer but from my experience between Autostrada (Austin) and Gonzaba (San Antonio), I'd recommend Autostrada all the way.

They don't make unsubstantiated claims for delivery times and allocation. They don't necessarily volunteer information but they don't hide it either. I think they are careful with what they say in order to manage your expectations and that's because they know how Lotus operates and have extensive experience with Lotus. I have never had a problem calling them and getting information. I consider them a boutique shop with good customer service. They are enthusiasts who sell cars, maybe not to the level of Mark Starr but nonetheless enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
huggy bear said:
I haven't dealt with the Houston or Dallas dealer but from my experience between Autostrada (Austin) and Gonzaba (San Antonio), I'd recommend Autostrada all the way.
ditto

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wally at Star in Houston is very honest and will take care of you. Weither you like him or not is up to your personality, but I have no complaints. Very professional, and an all round nice guy-he wll give no B.S.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Autostrada has been excellent. I would highly recommend them. their sales people are competent, and honest. They also happen to be very laid back and leave the buying decision up to you. I could not ask for anything more.

Overseas Motors of Dallas was the exact opposite experience. I at first called about putting a deposit down, only to be told that they do not sell Lotii there. I then went to the dealership, and the secretary told me the same thing, although there was a salesman there who corrected her. In the end, I oculdn't bring myself to give money for something that had not arrived, to a dealership who had told me twice that I WAS WRONG.

In Conclusion, Autostrada was a better choice for me, and although I am sure my experience was limited and would not be repeated, i think it deserves consideration.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Why is everyone so against gonzaba autoplex? Since day one on this board lots of people have been negative about gonzaba, most of these people have NEVER delt with them..

I have had plenty of good experences with George Gonzaba, I would recomend him and his dealership to ANYONE...

Just my .02...

Adam P

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
JeffersonRaley said:
Highly recommend Gonzaba. I guess I'm the only one who had a bad experience with Autostrada. Nothing big, but they were overstating allocations long before that info was released.
i think the others here had the opposite experience.

autostrada never made any allocation claims to me, and it seems gonzaba made LOTS of promises

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm from NY and put a deposit down with Wally at Star in 1/01. I needed someone I could trust.

wishing you clear roads,
David Nagler

·
Registered
394 Posts
dmclane said:
Bobby--Did you notice that the Gonzaba dealership is getting an orange demo?
That is the color they ordered, dont know if they have recieved it yet. I spoke with someone there on friday and they stated it was not their yet.

adam p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Lotushack said:
I'm from NY and put a deposit down with Wally at Star in 1/01. I needed someone I could trust.

wishing you clear roads,
David Nagler
You should be getting a car soon. :clap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts