The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling this must be covered elsewhere, but I sure can't find it...

I have several warranty items to be resolved and I'm here in San Francisco. I've been a little less-than-reassured by the experience level of a couple of the lotus dealer mechanics I've heard of.

Can anyone recommend a dealer, or better yet, a specific mechanic, here in the bay area at a Lotus dealer?

BMC? Boardwalk? SVAG?

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
BMCD has been good to me so far, and its always nice to catch a movie across the street while you wait for your car. I watched Ironman at the AMC and had the entire theater to myself...was sort of surreal.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I only ever heard one iffy report on the quality of work at BMC, but I've personally experienced great work at SVAG - my only complaint is customer service and lack of communication (they don't really keep me updated on my car, not done on time, etc.... but the work is top notch imo

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are all you other bay area guys taking your cars?

·
Registered
16 Posts
SVAG

I just recently started taking my Elise to SVAG, and I have been happy so far with their service. Jordan there has been great to work with. Just don't expect anything to be inexpensive :)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I just recently started taking my Elise to SVAG, and I have been happy so far with their service. Jordan there has been great to work with. Just don't expect anything to be inexpensive :)
...And don't ever expect them to call you back when they say they will...

As stated before, the work is good, the customer care is lacking. I'm glad I am out of warranty and now Dietsch is doing the work on my car.

·
Registered
566 Posts
...And don't ever expect them to call you back when they say they will...

As stated before, the work is good, the customer care is lacking. I'm glad I am out of warranty and now Dietsch is doing the work on my car.

Yeah, Jordan's a cool guy. I'll be over there for my 1K service. I'm looking at $380-$400 for it.

I'm going to take a pic next to cstetter's HOT ELIZ this weekend if his car is in the garage.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Yeah, Jordan's a cool guy. I'll be over there for my 1K service. I'm looking at $380-$400 for it.

I'm going to take a pic next to cstetter's HOT ELIZ this weekend if his car is in the garage.
Yo! Which garage do you mean? Unfortunately, the car will be stationary at my place since it's my weekend with the kids this time and I haven't quite figured out how to put all three of us in the Elise at the same time yet ;)

I need to take it in to Rob to have him replace the throttle cable and clear a CEL - will do that next week.

Cheers!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yo! Which garage do you mean? Unfortunately, the car will be stationary at my place since it's my weekend with the kids this time and I haven't quite figured out how to put all three of us in the Elise at the same time yet ;)

I need to take it in to Rob to have him replace the throttle cable and clear a CEL - will do that next week.

Cheers!
The underground parking garage. I go there on some weekends to visit my friend. He drives an obnoxious white EVO.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Talk about threadjack!

Anyone else... experience with bay area dealer mechanics?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, anyone able to provide a referral to Bryan at BMC in San Francisco?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts