The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I will be putting a sequential transmission into a 2005 Elise to be used as a dedicated track car, and I would like to convert to drive-by-wire for flat-shift and auto-blipping.

I'm not concerned about the throttle body nor the ability to connect to the ECU - will be using the Haltech Nexus R5 and can get just about any electronic device to communicate with it (pretty cool new ECU, check it out if you haven't already!).

With that said, what would y'all recommend as the ideal way to obtain a DBW throttle position sensor?
- Add a sensor to the current pedal?
- Replace the pedal with a 2006+?
- What does the throttle position sensor (or pedal travel sensor) look like in the 2006+ cars?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Having not done this (so feel free to ignore me until wiser people speak up), I'd retrofit an '06+ pedal since they already tackled this issue for you. If you wanted to keep the '05 pedal since many consider it nearly artwork, you could rig up a potentiometer to the cable coming off of it and then mount the potentiometer anywhere that is convenient. As far as novelty goes, I think that would be pretty neat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts