The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever pay attention to the Nissan exhausts on the Z, G35 and their truck? I think that it definately has the best exhaust note for a 6 cylinder vehicle. Its melodic. Other companies need to produce like that. I havent personally heard too many AEM Lotus exhausts but it appears that the Larini may have the best note from the videos that I have seen.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
My favorite 6 cyl. sound is from my former 2.7l Porsche Boxster. Sounds great at high RPM. That was in stock form.

I know a guy who autocrosses with me with a spec Boxster. Has full exhaust and de-cat. Sounds beautiful.

So IMO, the current Porsche flat six (2.7, 3.4, 3.6, 3.8)is the best. The GT3 sounds good in videos :p

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
B flat.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
My Stage 2 on my Lotus (4 cylinder) is the best note around.

Throaty, not raspy or cheap sounding.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
uhh yeah the 996/997 GT3 takes the cake on best exh sound for factory 6cyl engine

but if its artificial sound a modded single turbo supra with open exhaust is to die for

my .02

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Stage II sounds awesome except at low (3-3.5k) RPMs.

At 4k and above, it really wakes up. I am gonna try the Larini with Euro grilles soon :D
same with my Von Hep, it has a bit "deeper" sound than the stage 2, but sounds amazing on the 2nd cam everyone says it sounds like a "crotch rocket" LOL

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The Von Hep is deep,but Loud.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I6s always sound better than almost anything else short of v12s. Listen to a well-tuned BMW I6, an old 240Z, or even older Jaguar E-type, with appropriate exhausts of course.
If you've ever been lucky enough, savour the note of a highly-blown I6 - like an ERA.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
350z or any infinity sounds real bad.

I love WRX/STi boxer exhausts! Sound badass.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Ferrari F430 with straight pipes..... :evil: Heard a couple of them buzzing around Muholland Drive...

Edit, you were asking for 4/6 cyl...neva mind.. my comment.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
350z or any infinity sounds real bad.

I love WRX/STi boxer exhausts! Sound badass.
I agree about the Nissans. Sounds like someone with a sinus problem moaning in a tin can but it's a distinct sound that I can recognize as another G35 drives by.

Also agree on the Porsche and STi Boxer engines.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts