The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Obsidian Women that have larger than normal bottoms are very upset when I tell them they won’t fit in the car. It’s just the way it goes; [/QUOTE said:
Now THAT's funny! hahaha. I'll make you a warning decal if you want "No fat chicks" They should put that in the owners manual. Just like "No kids"- I love that part.

And Randy, I agree. Getting out at the gym last night I attempted to get out and hold my gym bag at the same time. Made myself look like a doofas. Definately have to get out first, then get whatever you need. Getting in and out and getting quite a bit easier now though, I'm almost disappointed!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
exit -

left leg out
right knee on the outside of steering wheel and foot on skid plate
left hand or elbow on side sill
right hand on steering wheel
face towards the pavement and stand up and out

takes about 2 sec's to get in and out

"installation is the reverse of removal"

friends are amazed at how smooth and easy it is to get in and out - really, just as easy as any car, but i am very athletic and bendable... just practice in the comfort of your own garage and figure out what works best for you, after a few times its easy

·
Registered
664 Posts
You got it easy in an Elise........try getting in and out of a Caterham or Lotus 7 with the hood and doors on. If there are two people, you get to know eachother pretty well real fast.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What a great board!!! Lots of terrific advise, and the video was very helpful. And yes, my girlfriend has reminded me that going to the gym will make this all much easier<g> Maybe they should market it as an exercise device. :D

Thanks to all.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts