The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having picked up my Elise recently, I can't seem to get enough of it. I figured this might be a good excuse to finally explore the area more. If I can get my wife to pack light, I want to try and head out for a road trip of at least a few days and see the Washington coast or explore areas of Oregon that are not Portland or on I-5. Any suggestions for routes or locations?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The coast line of Oregon is fantastic. It is like they surveyed the whole West Coast found the nicest part and called it Oregon, made everything south California and everything North Washington.

Consider a run to around St. Hellens, Mt, Rainer or any of the parks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi!
My standard run is to go S.B. on SR 167 to Puyallup. Go south on Meridian Rd. to Eatonville. Proceed to LaGrand to Alder. Twisty road (!) to Elbe. South to Morton then east to Randle.
Now the serious roads start.
Take Forest Rd 25 (!!!!!) south past Mt. St. Helens to the Eagles Cliff turnoff and take Curly Creek Rd. then turnoff at Forest Rd. 30 (!!!). Proceed to Wind River Rd. and south to Carson on the Columbia River. From there go wherever you like.
I'd be sure to take this route mid week to avoid traffic and start early. FR 25 also closes due to snow in winter.
Let me know if you are going sometime midweek and want some company. I have a recently purchased 2003 Esprit V8 then hasn't been initiated yet. Am also planning to video my trip with a GoPro. Working out the mounting now.
Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Hi!
My standard run is to go S.B. on SR 167 to Puyallup. Go south on Meridian Rd. to Eatonville. Proceed to LaGrand to Alder. Twisty road (!) to Elbe. South to Morton then east to Randle.
Now the serious roads start.
Take Forest Rd 25 (!!!!!) south past Mt. St. Helens to the Eagles Cliff turnoff and take Curly Creek Rd. then turnoff at Forest Rd. 30 (!!!). Proceed to Wind River Rd. and south to Carson on the Columbia River. From there go wherever you like.
I'd be sure to take this route mid week to avoid traffic and start early. FR 25 also closes due to snow in winter.
Let me know if you are going sometime midweek and want some company. I have a recently purchased 2003 Esprit V8 then hasn't been initiated yet. Am also planning to video my trip with a GoPro. Working out the mounting now.
Cheers,
Brian
That's a really good route, although I would include a blast up FR99 to Windy Ridge and back if you're already on 25.

·
Registered
186 Posts
but start at pacific grand prix gocart track..:D:D

·
Registered
643 Posts
The Oregon Coast is spectacular, but not exactly a driver's route. It's pretty straight (or is that pretty and straight). Depending on how far south you want to travel, check out the RAMROD route. The Gorge down here in Stumptown is also very nice, but there's usually a lot or people and cars. Finally, the non-interstate route to Crater Lake is nice. A mixture of twisties and nice views.

-Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts