The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished watching the DVD. I just got it in the mail today :D What a great DVD. If you don't have it or haven't seen it it's well worth getting. It goes over all Lotus' cars but has a nice section on the Elise including the production of the car from the ground up. How it's built and put together. The body panels are shaped and built in France. I didn't know that.

There was a bit on the suspension for the Elise and while I don't recall the model being mentioned he went over the fact that not only the ride height was adjustable but stiffness as well. Saying that not only can you stiffen it up for the track but make it softer for the ride home so you're not always driving a track setup car. That would be nice if that *does* make it to the Fed car but many have said it's not going to be. :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also have that DVD.LOVE IT:clap:

The test driver sure does throw that 111s around.:bow: Awesome driver, what a job, thrash cars all day long. Hard life!!:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine through Amazon UK. Received it in like 3 days with air shipping. It's probably more expensive through them but I didn't see too many places carrying it. Try a search for Best of British Lotus or Lotus Elise that's how I found them. I also bought the book Lotus Elise: The Official Story. Big hardback that looks really nice. Haven't had time to read through it yet.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I ran across this video at Wine Country Motorsports (at Infineon Raceway) on Sunday while watching Steve Levin's race in his SRF for the SCCA. I was pleasantly surprised to find it, and didn't even know it existed. Now I just have to find time to watch it! :panic:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts