The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two questions:

1) If the Elise was suddenly unavailable and you were required to buy something instead, out of all the street legal cars in the US what would you get?

2) What if money were no object?

(Sorry, I was getting tired of all the rules on the other "what car" thread) ;)

I would have to lean towards the Z-06 or the upcoming C6. Money be damned I'd be in a Ferrari 360 Modena

C6 Vette

Jim

·
Registered
607 Posts
1. I'd keep the cars I have and leave it at that.

2. Is the Enzo US certified? If so, that'd be it, if funds were unlimited.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Bugatti has been postponed repeatedly, hasn't it?

Anyway, 1000 hp in a street car? Kind of cheesey IMO -- like driving a Bentley with chrome wheels

For me, I'd take the 360 Modena CS, or the Porsche GT3 -- pure driving excitement, from what I've read in EVO.

With money no object, how about a Ferrari 330 P4? There's a cool 5-7 million, but of course you can only drive it at vintage events

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I still may do this, if the dealer tries to screw with me (except my dealer also sells Ferrari): Ferrari Dino 246 GTS

·
Registered
495 Posts
I still may do this, if the dealer tries to screw with me (except my dealer also sell

Dino is a beautiful car, but not much of a performer by modern standards, and very different from an Elise

To my understanding, it's not technically a 'Ferrari,' but simply a 'Dino.' Many owners stick the F-badge on to try to make a point of the connection, but it's not original.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heh, I love the 360 Challenge Stradale. I'll bet this crowd has a lot of 360 CS fans in it. I'd need to have at least two, though, so that I would have one to drive while the other is in the shop.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
True, the Dino didn't come with Ferrari tags, but it is no less a Ferrari than any other. It was named after Enzo's son Dino who died, and made by Ferrari as its "Dino" brand/model.

The fly yellow Dino is one of the sexiest cars around, IMO.

Thomas

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
1. Audi S4 or C6 vette

2. see below

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts