The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nothing to remember, nothing to easily reach in and take.

The best part is passengers asking me "How did you do that?"

If you do this, make sure the side that would normally face the windshield is facing up. And make sure you mount it where it won't hit the brake booster.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
stan better watch out,tripleblack is a triple threat ;) :D :bow: :clap:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>stan better watch out,tripleblack is a triple threat <<<

Hey, the more the merrier... Nice idea tripleblack!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stan said:
>>>stan better watch out,tripleblack is a triple threat <<<

Hey, the more the merrier... Nice idea tripleblack!

Thanks, Man.

It works. The idea came from my motorcycle setup. I think it works because it is fiberglass. In my mr2 spyder I would just keep it inside the center cubby on the dash and it worked fine there too.

If your toll booth doesn't pick it up it will give a different message than normal. Around here is says "go" instead of the normal "paid"

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just imagined being at the Whitestone Bridge in rush hour traffic and the reader not picking up on it. The gate is down and the cop wants you to prove you actually have an EZ Pass so you have to start to take apart your car.......-eek-

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I put mine up on the widshield behind the rear view mirror because I need to move it in between cars and also because for some reason the sensors that pick up the transponder on the turnpike seem to be pretty lousy and every once in a while they don't register my transponder so I want it as high as possible.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I will when I get my car:wallbang:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Fred, I did exactly the same as you. It's hidden nicely behind the mirror.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I mounted mine under the front panel also. It doesn't fall off, and it is read by the sensor when I drive by the toll booth, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
430 Posts
A friend of mine mounted his EZTag under the top surface of the urethane front bumper of his Miata. He said it worked great.

John

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Hey Triple Black...I think we may have the same watch! I just picked up a Tag Heurer Formula 1. Well, anyway I recognise the clasp!! (PIC - learning how to do macros...)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Stan said:
Hey Triple Black...I think we may have the same watch! I just picked up a Tag Heurer Formula 1. Well, anyway I recognise the clasp!! (PIC - learning how to do macros...)
Yeah it's a Tag. Bought it 10yrs ago. This is the closest thing on their site now.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Didn't realize you guys ran at the meadowlands hope to see you in the spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts