The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy some touch up paint and an LED light to replace the roof light in my Evora S, who has good prices on parts including quick shipping? :up:

Thanks,
EFE EVS

·
Registered
216 Posts
British Racing Group can get almost anything Lotus related.

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Mylotusgarage.com

336-760-7038

All US available lotus parts, good pricing discounts, online catalog, decent inventory.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Mylotusgarage.com

336-760-7038

All US available lotus parts, good pricing discounts, online catalog, decent inventory.
I have not had good experiences with my lotus garage.

ordered a Elise Shift knob to put on my Evora (Same one they use on the "sport racer" now, and it took 10 weeks for it to arrive.
Ordered a2013 steering wheel and after 8 weeks received a email that my order was cancelled.
Never once got a reply from email request
maybe they just don't like me :shrug:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Contact British Racing Group; they can get anything and they are also a forum sponsor.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've ordered from them and they are by far the cheapest source. However, what you need to do is first call them to see if the part is in the US. If the answer is yes, then place the order. If the answer is no, then you are at the mercy of Lotus UK. BTW, Flow Lotus/Chevy, are the same company.

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
I have not had good experiences with my lotus garage.

ordered a Elise Shift knob to put on my Evora (Same one they use on the "sport racer" now, and it took 10 weeks for it to arrive.
Ordered a2013 steering wheel and after 8 weeks received a email that my order was cancelled.
Never once got a reply from email request
maybe they just don't like me :shrug:
I used them learily because of stories like yours, but so far I have been very lucky.. the issue is if the part is in the US or not. Now I ordered Exige V6 parts through my dealer and it took 6 months, but some of that was to get them even listed on the YS parts lists. Did you every get your steering wheel?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
You can always try to order directly from Lotus. The contact is on the GTN catalgue - Adrian Kent ([email protected])

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
243 Posts
Yes, if you look at the "Contact Us" link in the My Lotus Garage page it shows ©2005 - 2014 Flow Lotus, LLC - All Rights Reserved. 3251 Healy Drive, Winston Salem NC 27103

Flow is a multi-make dealer. I take my Evora there for factory service. It is done as a part of the Cadillac service area. I'll have to ask about the MyLotusGarage when I'm there next week getting a door lock actuator replaced and finally getting the headlight assemblies replaced from the "flaking" problem.

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Buying from DeRoure or Lotus UK direct from the US hits us with high shipping costs and import duties, just not feasible unless it is a ROW part that will just not be stocked in US. But even their one has other choices, I got my dealer to petition Lotus USA to add to US parts list the Exige V6 engine cover parts.

Also don't believe Lotus UK can sell direct to us in US except competition parts, which again are cheaper, due to bulk shipping from a big team shop such as VSA.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
If you're looking for LED lights, try Amazon.com. I replaced my roof light and almost all other lights with LEDs that I bought fairly I expensively from there.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I've had great luck with Lotus Garage and British Racing Group in general.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's puzzling is none of these parts houses seem to know about the LED light that replaces the dome light on the ceiling of the Evora? Somebody on this forum had an LED light installed for like $20 and it just snapped into the same place as the original dome light. This must be an aftermarket light that some accessory dealer is selling???????? I need to find who it is on this forum who had that light installed. :confused:

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
What's puzzling is none of these parts houses seem to know about the LED light that replaces the dome light on the ceiling of the Evora? Somebody on this forum had an LED light installed for like $20 and it just snapped into the same place as the original dome light. This must be an aftermarket light that some accessory dealer is selling???????? I need to find who it is on this forum who had that light installed. :confused:
You can get any number of LED lights to fit. Most sold on eBay and Amazon have adjustable connectors. all you have to do is decide how my LEDs you want.
here is a picture of standard LED panels you can buy off eBay that come with included adapter for less than $10

12panel.jpg

Lotus Elise S2 12 LED Panel White Interior Dome Light | eBay

They will come in different color temps. I like the bright clean white of 6000K LEDs

1 - 20 of 28 Posts