The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Sonic drive-thru window this weekend and the guy leans out and says:

"I gotta tell you, Lamborghinis and Ferraris come through here all the time, but nothing is as cool as a Lotus"

I was like RIGHT ON!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Is this REAL ?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
When people ask me, "Is it fast?"

I reply with, "It isn't slow..."

I always chuckle at that one, as ususally when someone gets a ride in it then, they're pretty white-knuckled by the end of it...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I was in a Sheetz store getting gas when a girl comes up to me and says "I love you!", I said "what?" (she was a very attractive brunette about 20), then she said "thats your car outside, right!" I said "If its the yellow one yes" she said "I love you!". Thats probably the most outlandish thing I've heard about any car I've owned. I showed her the car then upon leaving and took her photo with it using her phone, but thats it.

I would have loved to have this car back in 1988 when it was new!

·
Registered
859 Posts
In just a few weeks of ownership, I have come to hate this quote:

"does it hit 88 miles per hour?"

I really hate the delorean confusion. The delorean was not a performance car; it was a stainless steel turd.

·
Registered
159 Posts
After I raced and beat the "cherry bomb", supposedly the fastest mustang in the south, he said:

"I knew you were going to beat me, you have a 12 cyl. lamborghini".

(The shock and white complexion were expected when I told him it was a 4 cyl.)

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have to admit that im not a huge Delorean fan either. It just never turned me on. I do however think it is very nostalgic thanks to "the Doc" LOL. And it has great roots being created by the same guy that had his hands in designing the Pontiac GTO.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
"It looks like a James Bond car".

Thanks, Neighbor, but it's an Elise not an Esprit.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have also gotten the "Is that thing real?". Lol! I always respond "No, it's a hologram". Watch me get in it and vanish! Lol! Stupid people!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Was painting my other car behind the front gates with the Exige parked out the front. It's black. I hear a little kid from across the road. "Look look mummy, it's the Batmobile."
"No no, it's not, it's a Lotus," I hear the mum reply.

Third person to call it that.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Best quote for me? I was filling up at the gas station and an old lady(grey haired old) came walking over and looked at the car for a good 4-5 minutes and just said: "Honey, you can fill that car from each side. Thats good."

And walked away.... rotfl :bow:

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
A quote about A Lotus, but not my elise or Exige.

30 years ago I had my first Lotus, an S2 Europa. At the time I was a manager of an agri-business in rural Maryland, and all of our customers were of course farmers. Who...although looking poor in their coveralls and driving old pickups, at the time were actually quite flush with cash and net worth.

One such farmer fancied himself quite the land barron, and acted like it.

I drove the Europa to work one day, was parked across the street from our mill. He saw it, asked what it was, and I told him.

He looked at it again for a few minutes, and said (this has stuck with me for 30 years): "It looks like an abortion my truck would have."
Ture story. Top that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was in a Sheetz store getting gas when a girl comes up to me and says "I love you!", I said "what?" (she was a very attractive brunette about 20), then she said "thats your car outside, right!" I said "If its the yellow one yes" she said "I love you!". Thats probably the most outlandish thing I've heard about any car I've owned. I showed her the car then upon leaving and took her photo with it using her phone, but thats it.

I would have loved to have this car back in 1988 when it was new!
I wish I had mine when it was new, I would have been a sophmore in high school.

Not that my 83 Toyota Tercel wasn't cool, but I have a feeling a Lotus Esprit could have made high school a very different experience! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts