The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Those look like what HKFEVER is putting together. They are essentially Bodyshop Kobayashi copies.

It depends what you mean by "best." The most fuctional ones are made by IMRP which you can buy from Brent Bauman

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Finding nicely crafted and sculpted skirts for the Elise is like searching for unicorns. The only ones currently available look as if they're running boards made for trucks, and the nice CF ones that HKFEVER has are said to only fit the Exige... :(

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Pretty much the same as the Truleo ones but 3x the price. I don't know who buys the Reverie stuff, but I have yet to see anything they sell that isn't retardly expensive.

I might own a Lotus, but that doesn't mean I have a Champagne and caviar lifestyle rotfl Most days it's most like whatever beer is on sale and expiring on clearance tuna.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Pretty much the same as the Truleo ones but 3x the price. I don't know who buys the Reverie stuff, but I have yet to see anything they sell that isn't retardly expensive.

I might own a Lotus, but that doesn't mean I have a Champagne and caviar lifestyle rotfl Most days it's most like whatever beer is on sale and expiring on clearance tuna.
Anyone in USA should be able to make the Reverie version, tape up a piece of card board, then trace out the shape of the undertray, draw whatever shape you like then copy onto a CF sheet. If possible water jet it.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Reverie stuff is priced the way it is because they are wind tunnel tested and designed. The quality of the carbon is the best of any product available to Lotus cars as well. It may be a simple design that "anyone" in the US can copy, but the original shape and the quality of material was first tested by them. Copies are easy to make.

All that is translated into the cost of the part. You get what you pay for.

You can find it much cheaper from the manufacturer too:

Carbon fibre side sills

Reactions: XtinctElise

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Anyone in USA should be able to make the Reverie version, tape up a piece of card board, then trace out the shape of the undertray, draw whatever shape you like then copy onto a CF sheet. If possible water jet it.
Nearly everything Reverie makes is dry carbon that has been autoclaved. Not cheap and not everyone has the ability to produce parts in that manner. I have their rear hatch (bought it used) and it is stupidly light.

San

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Nearly everything Reverie makes is dry carbon that has been autoclaved. Not cheap and not everyone has the ability to produce parts in that manner. I have their rear hatch (bought it used) and it is stupidly light. San
Fine, but I'm not looking to fly my Elise to the moon. To be honest, I think most of us just like the looks and the possibility of a little extra protection from debris. The photo in the OP and the HKFEVER Exige skirts are the basic sculpted shape I like. I've got CF scoops and front splitter, and I'd really like to find an "affordable" set of matching skirts for the Elise that don't require a mortgage loan. :D

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
To bad auto clave doesn't have much to do with weight or strength. Maybe like 2-3% at best.

Autoclaving was invented for "hot-wet" conditions. Like a fuel tank in a fighter jet with 180f jet fuel.

Just sayin' don't think a part is good just be cause it is autoclaved.

·
7,598 Posts
Fine, but I'm not looking to fly my Elise to the moon. To be honest, I think most of us just like the looks and the possibility of a little extra protection from debris. The photo in the OP and the HKFEVER Exige skirts are the basic sculpted shape I like. I've got CF scoops and front splitter, and I'd really like to find an "affordable" set of matching skirts for the Elise that don't require a mortgage loan. :D
By the time you add the cost of shipping from HK, the Reverie skirts are the same price (if not cheaper). HKFever has even stated that a group buy doesn't make sense because of the shipping costs.

Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me how people buy a decent car and then want to nickle and dime the accessories. I don't want Rota wheels or Walmart floormats. Just me.

San

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
It takes a big set of cojones to publicly admit/encourage you're ripping off Reverie or Lotus parts like it's not a big deal, you guys are lucky i'm not one of these companies if not I would say... "GAME OVER!!"

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Nearly everything Reverie makes is dry carbon that has been autoclaved. Not cheap and not everyone has the ability to produce parts in that manner. I have their rear hatch (bought it used) and it is stupidly light.

San
Elise or Exige?

I have Elise version and it is feather weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Autoclave is for pre preg CF that need high temp. for the resin that has embeded in the fiber.

And the heated pressure drum can creat the pressure effect way high than vacuum bag can creat.

Am I right?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those look like what HKFEVER is putting together. They are essentially Bodyshop Kobayashi copies.

It depends what you mean by "best." The most fuctional ones are made by IMRP which you can buy from Brent Bauman
Kobayashi brand available in U.S.? Do you have pics of IMRP side skirts?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Autoclave is for pre preg CF that need high temp. for the resin that has embeded in the fiber.

And the heated pressure drum can creat the pressure effect way high than vacuum bag can creat.

Am I right?
Lol o good morning HK! Wow.. Best joke ever...

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Nice car, I don't see any quick release on it. Did you custom make other fitment for this hatch.

5.5lbs is fly weight, mine Exige hatch is 11.8lbs :eek:

·
7,598 Posts
Nice car, I don't see any quick release on it. Did you custom make other fitment for this hatch.

5.5lbs is fly weight, mine Exige hatch is 11.8lbs :eek:
Zues fittings you can barely see in this pic. Custom mount for the RLS prop rod, but no pics of that.

The part you can't see is that there's actually a box section that mates up to the back of the intercooler to vent the air out from the louvers. I guess I need to take some more pics.

San

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have the Reverie skirts and love them. Very light and very strong. If you think side skirts will offer meaningful sill and fender protection you're in for a rude awakening, especially if you track your car. Look at any Lotus with side skirts after a few track sessions and you'd be shocked at what the rear sill and fender area looks like. I bought the clear trak tape sold by a forum member to double and triple cover that area despite my side skirts and would NEVER track the car without some kind of protection there even with skirts. If you have an off or hit a lot of marbles or gravel, that area can see enough pelting that any clear bra material will suffer enough damage to practically disintegrate on removal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts