The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where to post this but plan to move somewhere warmer than the northeast in the next few years.

Any great advice on what areas offer great track options, warmer year round weather and ideally "low to no" income taxes?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
East TN? Mountains, dragon, road Atlanta and VIR not too far
That’s in the running. The wife would not like a desert.

Florida seems an obvious choice but I think summer would be just too hot to do track or much anything else outside. Wife has a sister in Jupiter.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Florida and you can count the number of roads with more than two turns on one hand. I'll agree with the folks above...N. Ga, TN, or maybe the Asheville area.
Jupiter would be in the running and PBIR could be available, but its damn flat. I'd have to switch to an Ariel Atom to make it exciting.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funny, I could say the trick to retiring in Northern New England is being in great shape by living outdoors doing athletic things daily like hiking, mtn biking, kayaking, golf, etc and skiing all winter long. Then you get to enjoy beautiful summers where it barely brakes 80....oh and you don't need a track in thre winter cuz you get great snow covered low traction roads all winter so every day can be a track day.....
I love the Northeast. My Swedish lumberjack blood could split wood and build fires everyday. The wife is done with winters.
I haven't been to Tennessee or North Carolina since childhood. That seems to be the climate middle ground. We'll need to check those out. At the moment, the agreement is to wait 3-4 more years for the younger one to finish college.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Check out Northwest Arkansas. We live in Fayetteville (college town) with plenty to do, but there’s still a lot of beautiful rural areas as well as spots like Bentonville that are blowing up with Walton backed money and solid infrastructure.
Just wrapped up an awesome weekend at Porschepalooza over in Eureka Springs which is only 45 minutes away.
Sorry, but we’re back in Porsches for now until the Emira gets a year or two under its belt!
Great driving roads and a couple of decent tracks like Hallett just west of Tulsa, and a brand new one up in Missouri.

https://m.facebook.com/OzarksInternationalRaceway/
I've been watching the build of that track, looks incredible.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you have the means to live retire in So Cal, it is perhaps worth a mention. If you have to work for a living, it IS an armpit. So much traffic, crap roads, crap schools, everything is just crammed together, high taxes, and cost of living. We've autoxed out there for years while we lived in AZ and watched it slowly get worse and worse. Now if you could live in Malibu or up the coast maybe.....
I'll be kind and say I hope all our Lotus friends escape in time, then I'd be ok with California floating out to sea.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My vote is the hill country of Texas between San Antonio and Austin. COTA is stone's throw away, plus you can join Harris Hill Road Course for $200/month and track almost every day. I miss that area every day and plan to get back there someday.
Hmmmmm this I haven’t looked at yet.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
New Jersey. You can live on the property at NJMP, .. 😉.
Lol, I’m there most already. Wifey needs heat and people to play tennis with. They need a track in Florida that you can live at.
That Ozark track looks amazing but I watch the show and not sure who’ll we’ll be living next too 😂🤣

1 - 9 of 9 Posts