The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Evora S, 2017 BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
54 Posts
Starting to see posts of putting cars to bed for the winter, just signed up for a tack day December 4th. Just saying.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Well, here in NorCal Thunderhill, Sonoma (formerly Sears Point) and Laguna Seca are wonderful tracks. The good life of living in CA has suffered with over regulation, high taxes and energy costs, increasing crime and population congestion.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Virginia? Did you see the you tube video? Someone took an Evora GT to 7 or 8 tracks within 24 hr within Virginia, one track was in West Virginia.
Plus you have I81,I495, I64 and I95 all becoming racetracks with the speeds being pulled for lately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw someone already mentioned central Texas (Austin-San Antonio area). There's year round racing and COTA and Harris Hill are nearby. Besides those, Eagle's Canyon, MSR Cresson, and Grand Sport Speedway, and MSR Houston are all just a couple hours away, giving you plenty of variety. There's also no state income tax in Texas, which is a retirement consideration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Member here. I agree with StressCraxx. Taxes and regulations were Killing my company. I was bought out and moved to NC, best move I've made. Have owned many cars, my favorite being a 356 roadster porotype ( SCCA in the late 60'S). I remember the exhilarating feeling from driving a friend's Europa. Looking at several S1 NA's

·
Vendor
3,564 Posts
I'll be kind and say I hope all our Lotus friends escape in time, then I'd be ok with California floating out to sea.
Arizona Bay, Baby!

True.

Or, get away from that corner of the state and go more inland. Roads improve, traffic improves, and more space for living. Doesn't fix the higher taxes and COL though.

Even still, it hits most of the basic requirements of the OP's desires:
  • Great weather, check
  • Variety of tracks, check
  • Great tracks, check
  • Year round track ability, check
  • Great state to retire, eh. :D

Not many other states offer as many options.

Sadly, I'm in Idaho where I have the inverse of the list above.
This would work up north, but not in So Cal. I've often wondered why anyone would live more than 15-20 miles inland of the coast in So Cal. The weather is the same as Phoenix, but costs twice as much with more crowding and higher taxes. Phoenix is 6 hour drive from LA or a 45 minute <$100 flight. Of course many people including several friends figured this out and moved to Phoenix, driving up the cost there.

Now in SC we have plentiful water supply, including some of the best tasting tap water anywhere, still reasonable housing, beautiful climate. While personal property tax is insane here, insurance is HALF of what it was in AZ, AND sales tax on vehicles is capped at $500.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts