The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
For the RE-71, most will go for 205/45 fronts and 245/40 rears. The rear size are probably a bigger issue for width as it's not recommended on base or lss wheels. Although, it can be done with a slight bulge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The hot tire this year seems to be the Yokohama A052 with the new SCCA legal 7/32 tread depth. It seemed to be good for a 1/10 on the RE-71 in general at last year's Auto-X nationals. The word on the street is that they warm up quicker, and stay stickier longer as the temps come up.

I've run the RE-71's on a few cars and have always loved what they do for a vehicle, but if I can get a set (in Canada the offered Yoko sizes are limited and I run a 205/225 50R15 staggered setup ) the A052 will be my tire selection for the season.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone on the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06? They're an all-season version of the Sport which I use now. It's going to be a performance hit, but half my year it's 30-40 degrees outside, dry and clean. So the summer Sport's are rocks.

Any other good all-season options?

·
Registered
40 Posts
See page 2 of this thread.

You won't notice a performance hit between those two.
I disagree. The DWS06 are squishy and far less fun to drive on. Still if we're driving in 40 degree weather, yeah I'll use them. I still got them as spares on my base cast wheels.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts