The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of people who work in computer security on this forum. I thought it would be great if they could share some advice on how to browse sensitive information anonymously.

Im afraid to say im a bit of a newb when it comes to computer security. I heard there is some software which masks your ip address, but how effective is it?

Im not talking about hacking Kremlin or anything, but i wanted to take a look at some political data which many journalists have been killed while gathering. So i thought it might be a real possibility that these kind of online documents are being monitored.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Good Luck

Over here the NSA is tapped into almost all internet and phone data.
Large super computers sift through the packets looking for key words or phrases, once you hit the profile threshold a human analyst gets involved and if they suspect anything, you are put on a watch list (300,000 to 900,000 depending on agency) and growing every day. Worst case they pick you up, put you in a bag and fly you out of the country for special questioning.

How about an internet cafe, just wear a hat and dark glasses.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Unsecured Wireless Access points + browsing from a LiveCD FTW! :D

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
...How about an internet cafe, just wear a hat and dark glasses.
Pwnt by paying for access, also lots of people can see you and your paper trail there :D

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
"Best way to anonymousness?"

The best way? Screw with the Russian government...that's the best way to "anonymousness." ;)

Tom

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm sure that as soon as you posted the question on an Internet forum, the NSA started listening in.:huh: At this point, you had better go off-the-grid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts