The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF was wearing high-heeled shoes with sharp edges on the bottom of the heel... and put a nice big scratch (along the hilighted area below) as she was getting in :wallbang:

What would be the best way to fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Need pic of gf

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Got a similar problem on ours - 2 pieces where the passenger air bag meets the side piece, a nice long and deep scratch, also from a high heel.

It will not come out or be covered up. I've tried many ways - no go.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
You should start leaving pictures of carbon fiber sills around for her to look at. hint hint

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I would try to blend it out with some sandpaper while drinking a few beers. When I made it hideously worse I would place an order for a new one. If by some miracle I was able to blend it out I would take the money saved and buy a few more cases of Sapporo to celebrate. Textured plastic is a bear to blend out, shiny plastic is a lot easier as it can be buffed and polished out. Rough sand paper (120, 100, 80 or so) wrapped around a pencil eraser is about all I would try. Good luck.

Edit-

A low power soldering iron or a wood burner can be used to fill the plastic some but the color might change making it more visible. If you attempt it try it on the back side first.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts