The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get a nice wing for my new Elise - something sturdy, looks good, etc. Is there a preference here? Anything off GRP ok?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I’m a big fan of the OEM GT4 wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How are you liking that roof? Looks good!

Reactions: KZ3

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Love it. Well made and the fit is perfect. Finding someone who could color match chrome orange was just about impossible though.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Nothing. I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Too bad that scoop can't be made functional for something that might need cooling. I remember seeing on a Mclaren where it has a roof scoop and disappears. Inside of the cockpit reveals the tunnel leading into the engine bay.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Want to get a nice wing for my new Elise - something sturdy, looks good, etc. Is there a preference here? Anything off GRP ok?
Are you looking for function? Or looks? Or both. Personally I've never seen a wing on an Elise that I thought really worked aesthetically.

Reactions: GDBB and goelise

·
Administrator
5,849 Posts
One thing you will need to consider in adding a large wing is balance. You'll need to balance out that additional rear downforce with a larger front splitter least you start experiencing some squirreliness at high speed. Some speed will be sacrificed as well with the added drag of the wing.

Reactions: goelise

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,185 Posts
One thing you will need to consider in adding a large wing is balance. You'll need to balance out that additional rear downforce with a larger front splitter least you start experiencing some squirreliness at high speed. Some speed will be sacrificed as well with the added drag of the wing.
^^^ this...on such a light small car. Everything you do to it aero wise will matter. Roof scoop on Elise...more drag, not functional. Wing on the other hand, will need something up front to keep the balance.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Personally I have the eliseparts.com spoiler and while aesthetically it might not look the best, it works well. I have it paired with with their front splitter.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
75 Posts
If you're going for just aesthetics, you can check out the factory SC spoiler

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
OP- just do what you like. Unless you are aggressively tracking the car you’re not going to notice the wing or non functional roof scoop. It’s a moot point on a street driven car.

FWIW the roof scoop on the 06 Exige was not functional either.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Something like this.

• Haha
Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
OP- just do what you like. Unless you are aggressively tracking the car you’re not going to notice the wing or non functional roof scoop. It’s a moot point on a street driven car.

FWIW the roof scoop on the 06 Exige was not functional either.

But it wasn’t a scoop. It was just a bump. Clearly blocked off, it made no pretense of scooping anything.

·
Administrator
5,849 Posts

·
Wow Such Admin
6,958 Posts
I have a fairly unpopular opinion in that I don’t like a spoiler on the Elise. I love the way the body looks and flows without it!

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
But it wasn’t a scoop. It was just a bump. Clearly blocked off, it made no pretense of scooping anything.
Right. The “scoop” from lotushardtops is also just a bump and is clearly blocked off in the same fashion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts