The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase an exige in the next few days / week - I was wondering which year has the most support for aftermarket / tuning abilities.

Goals -
Close to 300Hp as possible
Tracking when possible
Max Downforce

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I am looking to purchase an exige in the next few days / week - I was wondering which year has the most support for aftermarket / tuning abilities.

Goals -
Close to 300Hp as possible
Tracking when possible
Max Downforce
Are you in the US? The basic platform (chassis, engine, suspension) for the Elise/Exige are the same and are unchanged since 2005.

The updgrades for what you want: better brakes, upgraded suspension, bolt on power, flash upgrades, wings/splitters, lighter wheels, all go right on to any of the cars. The main difference is dbw throttle, with related ECU issues, came into being in 2006.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you in the US? The basic platform (chassis, engine, suspension) for the Elise/Exige are the same and are unchanged since 2005.

The updgrades for what you want: better brakes, upgraded suspension, bolt on power, flash upgrades, wings/splitters, lighter wheels, all go right on to any of the cars. The main difference is dbw throttle, with related ECU issues, came into being in 2006.
Thanks - this helps. While on the sector111 site, i notice that certain parts only fit the 06 exige, so I wasnt sure if the body changed

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Thanks - this helps. While on the sector111 site, i notice that certain parts only fit the 06 exige, so I wasnt sure if the body changed
I certainly stand to be corrected, but other than something specific to the 06 DBW and ECU, I don't know of anything on that car that won't go onto any other Exige of other years. Frankly, you can put almost anything from the Exige on the Elise, if you were so inclined.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...could someone concisely enumerate the advantages and disadvantages of drive-by-wire versus mechanical throttle on our cars?..

·
Registered
2,524 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a must-read thread:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160/overview-supercharge-turbocharge-solutions-48412/

If I were in your shoes (and as you're okay with buying used), I'd be looking at an 06 plus turbophil's TVS blower with EFI/wideband package. Max bang for your buck and you're not buying parts only to replace them with the upgrade.
Thanks- Thats what I have been hearing - I just wasnt sure if I was going to be missing out on any new feature other than HP when going with an 06

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I may be biased but early '07s (Exige S) are the best. no extra weight of the bumpers (mine weighed less then 2000lbs at the last alignment) wider front tires then the +'08s, easier to modulate front brakes then the '08s, easily flashed to 260hp with Gotham tune.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Infinitex, also look at suspension options. The track pack (on 06 cars) adds a harness bar, Bilsteins, and rear toe link brace, all of decent but not great quality (I think this package is standard on the new S240s). There are much better aftermarket options for the dampers and toe link brace.

I specifically shopped for a car without the track package because I knew I'd be upgrading the dampers anyway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I may be biased but early '07s (Exige S) are the best. no extra weight of the bumpers (mine weighed less then 2000lbs at the last alignment) wider front tires then the +'08s, easier to modulate front brakes then the '08s, easily flashed to 260hp with Gotham tune.
qfw! your car looks great too! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts