• Elise vs. a Seven

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to bet a nickel what will be matched up against the Elise in the first official magazine "Comparo" (you know, where they compare a Mustang to a Camaro in accerlation, stopping distance, longest burnout in from of the Tasty Freeze, etc.)...???

My bet is they put it up against a Boxster...:cool:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i think they will put it up against something much more expensive just to show that it can hang for the most part. Maybe something like a GT3.

-Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think from a price/performance mid-engined, European car, the Boxster will be the most compared. It would be fun to see it up against the big boys from Porsche and Ferrari just to see what a car half or a quarter the cost could do. Simply because of its limited production and Lotus name it will be compared with other exotics and not the S2000, Miata, MR2, Z4, TT etc.

Does anyone know which cars it gets compared to in the European mags?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Does anyone know which cars it gets compared to in the European mags?
I've seen the Elise compared in the January edition of EVO mag to the NSX type R, Ferarri 575M, Mitsu evo 8, Porsche C4s, Focus RS, Merc SL55, Nissan Z, Subaru STi, Clio cup, Mini S, Jag XKR-R these are just a couple that I remember off the top of my head. They tested a 111S Elise. Our little Elise finish 5th out of 12 cars.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fed Elise will be hotter than the 'Lise tested in EVO (think it was a 111s)

I think an interesting comparison would be Elise vs GT3 and 360 modena -- a sort of 'David and Goliath' comparison

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
grudkin said:
Fed Elise will be hotter than the 'Lise tested in EVO (think it was a 111s)

I think an interesting comparison would be Elise vs GT3 and 360 modena -- a sort of 'David and Goliath' comparison
Or GT3 vs. Modena Challenge vs. Ford GT vs. Lotus Elise!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
As soon as I get my Elise I plan to take it and my 7 to Road Atlanta and do a little comparison. Unless the Federal Elise is a lot quicker than the SII I'm afraid it will get spanked. The handling, again based on my drive of an SII, edge goes to the 7 and at 1240 lbs and 175 hp the 7 will get to speed quicker. However I am sure the Elise top speed will be better, the 7 has the aerodynamics of a very large brick.
Then again I am comparing my 7 on R compund tires to an SII Elise on street tires,,, so who knows. I can't wait to find out.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI James,
Yep I found out on the back straight at Road Atlanta the caterham has all the aerodynamics of a barn door. I was worse off cause mine had clams instead of cycle fenders. My HPC was putting out 175-185 hp and the aerodynamics kept the car to about 120 or so. Had I fitted the brooklands screen and cycle fenders it'd been a bit better. But was that sucker quick 0-60!!

Chris

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
HI James,
Yep I found out on the back straight at Road Atlanta the caterham has all the aerodynamics of a barn door. I was worse off cause mine had clams instead of cycle fenders. My HPC was putting out 175-185 hp and the aerodynamics kept the car to about 120 or so. Had I fitted the brooklands screen and cycle fenders it'd been a bit better. But was that sucker quick 0-60!!

Chris
I can totally relate - vintage racing my Seven (w/o windscreen, clamshells). I tried taking T10 at Sears without my normal confidence lift and tried flat footing it. I got to the apex and found that the steering wheel had NO affect on the trajectory of the car (roughly 95-100 mph). Needless to say it got my ATTENTION because there's only a sliver of runoff room.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yep, for top speed in the Caterham you definately need the Brooklands windscreen and cycle fenders, oh and leave the bug eyed headlights off! Not much for top end, but getting to 100mph or so is sure a lot of fun! It is going to be a lot of fun comparing the two cars in autocross and track days!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I hate to say this- Lotus vs newly redesigned Mustang GT convertible sounds like something that some magazine might do now that their is no Camaro to compare it with.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts