The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several comments that the stock Elise headlights suck. I've noticed the PIAA lights offered at Sector 111. Do you just pop out the old bulbs and put these new ones in? Or are further modifications needed?

Are there better (easier/cheaper) alternatives out there?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
WorldGoneWild said:
Are there better (easier/cheaper) alternatives out there?
I don't know about cheaper, but there is better. Look for Osram SilverStar (H1 for low beam, H7 for high beam) bulbs. The Sylvania SilverStar bulbs are notthe same as the Osram SilverStar - Osram owns Sylvania, but in the US the SilverStar name is used on "bling" blue bulbs, not the quality European ones...

You have to remove a cover "plate" in each of the front wheel well liners to access the bolts that hold in the headlight cover assemblies. Once these are off, then you simply unplug the existing bulbs and install the new ones. Adjust the lights with the covers off (you can't do the adjustments with the covers on), then reinstall the covers and the access covers in the wheel wells.

It really isn't that hard to do.

Avoid any bulbs that talk about "HID look", of have a blue tint to the glass - they will actually reduce the amount of light output.

Edited to fix the typo of HID -> HUD. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Around here, we always jump on any typos. Me included...:clap: :bow: ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts