The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

We've been putting a lot of thought into the proper way to mount 6 pt harnesses in this car. As you know, options/space is limited. We've worked with Schroth/HMS to develop a solution that is safer than most of the alternatives we've seen people try with 6pts.

Basically, this is an updated type of SYSpack, so it will reinforce the seat mounting locations in addition to having a pinch plate that the 6pt crotch straps can mount to. This allows the crotch belts to be at the correct angle under the seat to be most safe in an impact, and most effective at restraining you.

Check it out...

http://www.sector111.com/products/performance/track_parts/sys.cfm

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Looks like a pretty sensible setup.
Could you clarify a few points?
1) This provides crotch strap anchors for both sides? I guess the two black pieces are the anchors?
2) If that is correct, do these anchors provide strap clearance above the floor? (I am concerned about the straps being chafed if pinched between the anchor and floor).
3) Are the anchor points aft of the steel bar that runs laterally on the underside of the seat? (So that the straps would run up vertically from the anchor, passing aft of the steel bar, and through a slot cut in the seat).
4) And if that is correct, have you guys considered marketing a grommet for the seat slot?

Thanks in advance.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Looks like a pretty sensible setup.
Could you clarify a few points?
1) This provides crotch strap anchors for both sides? I guess the two black pieces are the anchors?
2) If that is correct, do these anchors provide strap clearance above the floor? (I am concerned about the straps being chafed if pinched between the anchor and floor).
3) Are the anchor points aft of the steel bar that runs laterally on the underside of the seat? (So that the straps would run up vertically from the anchor, passing aft of the steel bar, and through a slot cut in the seat).
4) And if that is correct, have you guys considered marketing a grommet for the seat slot?

Thanks in advance.
1. Correct. This kit is will outfit both seats.
2. Once the plates are secured, the straps will not move so chafing should not be an issue.
3. Yes. Getting the proper 6pt. routing has been a huge challenge for us (we've been working on a solution since '06 - see our Safety Webinar in our Reference section).
4. No, we'd rather you fit a race seat with a slot for the anti-sub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts