The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone, please beware of the scammers pretending to have parts that they do not have!
Beware of any new members telling you that they have parts without proof! or anyone telling you to send half payment upfront, half on delivery!
To prevent scams, ask the seller to post a picture of the item with a hand written post it note.

Recently we are seeing scammers getting very creative, using proxy IP addresses pretending to be in the USA.
Please report to me or @Catsailr27 any suspected scammer or spammer and we will investigate.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have gotten several messages from new members responding to my WTB posts... I can pm you there user names if you'd like.

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gotten several messages from new members responding to my WTB posts... I can pm you there user names if you'd like.
Yes please PM me and I will investigate. We need all of our members to keep an eye for these scammers.

·
Registered
519 Posts
This guy tries it a lot. Even on FB pages.

He would even send photos of the part. If you reverse google image it would be from an old LT forsale add.
So hes a little tricky.

Although he was adamant that the Larini valved muffler would fit my Evija. It actually just came off his friends Evija so thats how he knows.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here's another one:

Original message from:

Godson001 started a new conversation with you at Volk TE37
I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Richard on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Texas, and the last time I talked to him, he had Volk TE37 for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.

Then follow up email from:

[email protected]
No code has to be inserted here.

Hello James,

Yes, I have set available in excellent condition let me know the convenient time for you to pick it up I'm in Texas.

604 N.church St Pilot Point,
Texas, 76258
No code has to be inserted here.

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
Arsenal I want to thank you and the two others that notified us last week on that guy! We investigated and he was banned. If anyone gets strange postings or contacted in a strange way especially new members don't hesitate to contact us! It's like a one sided game of tennis keeping up with the spammers. Richard

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@arsenal thank you for reporting that scammer, we all gotta keep our eyes open for scammers like that.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
I got same PM the other day regarding T3 seats. I knew to ignore and deleted it. But he is clearly trying to “hook” a number of people.

Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Such Administrating
6,894 Posts
Lets keep this thread going. If anyone has questions about whether someone is a scammer, if you get messages that seem like scam post them here and the staff will investigate! Great idea for a thread.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I just got one from Godson001 about my roof seals wtb...gives a lead on Rich Brewer.

The guy tells me to send him paypal payment via friends and family so he can have the parts out faster. I say that's OK I can wait and will send legitimately, and his response is: "No, we already have much time on this deal I think at this time I would prefer local pick up thanks for your time. Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 6:17 PM +0100 "

I see Godson001 profile is gone now.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
first i thought maybe it's my wife trying to catch me buying car parts..but no..its a real scammer. 😂

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
sorry yes just meant days ago, but been talking to "rich" for days now until the scam became apparent

·
Registered
85 Posts
@oldmansan @Doge
I just got one on my WTB: BOE Rev300,
markzucherbergelliot started a new conversation with you at BOE Rev300,
I have a friend that have a BOE Rev300 contact him if you're still interested [email protected] Thanks Sent from my Infinix X653 using Tapatalk
Quoted me $400, with chopped up photos from the BOE website. I did a quick search for the e-mail and found other forum types (Archery & Guns) that got scammed by this person.

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
@oldmansan @Doge
I just got one on my WTB: BOE Rev300,

Quoted me $400, with chopped up photos from the BOE website. I did a quick search for the e-mail and found other forum types (Archery & Guns) that got scammed by this person.
Thank you for reporting he has been banned. Richard

Reactions: Kubera and Gotham1

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
Thank you Gotham1 he's banned

Reactions: Gotham1 and Kubera

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just had 2 points of contact email me about my thread for WTB ultra disk brake rotors.
They were
[email protected]
And
[email protected]
The Stevejames shows as banned.
Any insight on either of these?

Thanks
Lane

·
Registered
77 Posts
It looks like Cowell was tied to dolbyjackson6 who was identified as a scammer.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts