The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in Jan I purchased a ECU that was advertised for a 2006 Elise from Elige31 on Lotus Talk. He had responded to my WTB inquiry here on LT. All well and good it gets sent to BOE directly to have tune installed. Three weeks later on a Saturday night at 930 I get a call from Phil that I have the wrong ECU that this is from a black dash.

Being over the barrel after this long of a wait and with track day looming I went a purchased one from Phil at twice the cost of the one I had just purchased. I contacted Johnny on Sunday and explained what happened and it first he was mad sayin it would "work" with a little work. Well I bought a product specific to the car not one to modify. He then blamed it on his son saying he must have pulled the wrong part from the shelf.

He agreed to refund my $375 once he received his old one back. I sent it as soon as it arrived from Phil and Johnny curiously had someone else refund $300 and when asked about it he said the $75 would be coming? After numerous emails, texts and phone call that were all cordial on both parts I attempted to remind him again today that he still owed $75 and he came back calling me and Phill every name in the book and sounded like some cracked out junkie on the other end of the line. His profanity laced tirade ended with him telling me to FO

To make a long story shorter even though this vendor had no complaints against him I should have done a paypal to business not to friends and family. Live and learn and I can only hope now to warn everyone about this guy. Watch out everyone on Sanibel Island and Adairsville, GA

·
Administrator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could moderator or Admin please change title to reflect my edit of vendor name, it should be Elige31 not exige31 Thanks, Richard

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Glad you got a good portion of it back before it went sour. Appreciate you sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts