The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are MANY Lotus' for sale under market value. You can never talk to a human and if you google the real dealership, they have no idea waht you are talking about.

Below are three such conversations I've had with the "owners" of bogus cars for sale. They have sent pictures and all. The conversation ends when I ask for thier phone number. They have elaborate excuses why you cant call them. They will then ask for your number. If the email has a phone number and a business title, the phone number doesnt work.

BEWARE!

Here are examples:

1. "There is no transportation fees or any hidden charges.
If you agree, I'm going to start the transaction, I'm going to pay shipping fees, and I will sign the purchase contract.
You will be notified by the transport company with information about transport and I will send you a copy of purchase agreement, inspection report and my passport.
Within 20 days you'll receive the vehicle, including title, owner manual and keys.
You'll be notified by the transport company the day when they will deliver the vehicle and you can contact your dealer/mechanic to schedule the inspection date.
After you inspect the vehicle, if you are satisfied, you will confirm the payment to the transport company.

If you decide against the purchase based on your request the transport company will transport the vehicle back to me and you'll not be charged for anything but everything's gonna be fine.
If you agree please send me your Name, phone number, address and I call you once I get the info.

Regards,"

2."The vehicle(along with the title and the signed bill of sale) is ready for delivery(Dependable Auto Shippers will ship it). The vehicle is registered in US and it is still under my name.
The payment will be done trough PaySAFE. So for our both security, our transaction will be done trough their service:

http://www.paysafeescrow.com.details.ssl-us.info/overview

Your payment will go directly to PaySAFE, they will receive and secure your funds until you will receive and inspect the vehicle. You will have a 3 days inspection period. If you like it, you'll approve the payment, they will pay me, if not, you'll reject it and they will refund your payment in full. I am willing to pay the shipping and shipping back fees, in a rejection case. As soon as I get the payment confirmation from PaySAFE, I will start the delivery."

3. "Hello there,

The purchase price includes shipping and handling. I have attached more pictures. Please check. The car is being sold as described, clear title, no accident history, no mechanical or electrical issues. The car runs and drives perfect. I am President and Managing Director for XXXXX Networks Central. I am currently overseas for about five months with a new project. The car belonged to my father who recently passed away. He was the second owner. Now the car is in Duluth, MN crated and ready to be delivered to its buyer with all the documents ( clear title, two set of keys, manuals etc ). Because I will not be able to deal in person I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I want the payment and shipping to be handled by a shipping and escrow company. They will keep the money secure until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 7 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.
Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final. I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to trade, apply for a loan or financing it will not work for me!
If you want to move forward please contact me back so we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you,"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts