The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna post this under the "Ebay Scum" thread but this is too nuts to go there. Ok Ok, by now you've all seen people selling waiting list spots on Ebay. This guy isn't selling a spot. Oh no... He went one step beyond that.... He is selling "THE RIGHT TO BUY”
No spot, no space, no car... Just "THE RIGHT TO BUY":eek:
Worst still people are bidding on this auction.

Don't laugh... We may all be in serious trouble... Have you, like me placed your order without first purchasing "THE RIGHT TO BUY"? Ohmegosh... I've gotta run now. I need to secure my "THE RIGHT TO BUY" before this guy runs out of them:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2468030401&category=6312

·
Registered
963 Posts
So, what is is that he is selling? I don't understand that one at all? :confused:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
He needs to get a "right to procreate" license.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
He's promising May or June delivery, which some might say is worth the current $200 premium... Just three hours to go if it was for real I'd think about spending $250 to get the car that much earlier. Flame away.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sounds like a total scam - he probably just got on a list somewhere. He doesn't say THAT car is coming May or June. If it is not spec'd yet it is not in the first batch.....

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Absolutely. And I'm not bidding. But if it were true it would be a premium that I'd be willing to pay (considering my place in line right now...).

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Hmmm..

He does say the car will be delivered in May or June of 2004. But if that was true, he would have had to already specify the colors and options. He says nothing has been spec'ed.

Why are certain colors missing on his list? No yellow, red, black, silver, titanium?

Strange

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
His exact quote is "Car to be deliver in May or June 2004"

That is technically true - a car will be delivered then - maybe not his though....

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
he's just a today kinda guy taking the lead from pro sports teams selling PSLs- permanent seat licenses- which are indeed the right to buy season tickets. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm gonna start selling the "right to post" on Elise Talk. Just send me $25 each for your "right to post" Of course Randy will want full MSRP but you'll owe me nothing further after I recieve your $25.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts