The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a complete tread melt off after exiting the highway. apparently they are not rated very well for high speed.

ps...wtb rims.. =/

any advice on what kind of tires to run from now on?

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
R888 FTW!!!

I had the Goodyear F1 GS-D3s on my BMW and hated them. I thought they had a vague steering feel and poor break-away characteristics...

The stock Yokohama AD07 are very good as well.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
R888 FTW!!!

I had the Goodyear F1 GS-D3s on my BMW and hated them. I thought they had a vague steering feel and poor break-away characteristics...

The stock Yokohama AD07 are very good as well.
I had two sets on my TT and one on my Elise and I liked them. I really didn't feel that I was missing all that much coming from the AD07s, just had to increase the air pressure to allow for the softer sidewalls. Seeing as how you're from AZ, wet performance doesn't factor in for you. However, it rains buckets nearly every afternoon here. The F1s are the closest thing I can think of to a one-size-fits-all tire - what little they give up in the dry they more than make up for in the wet.

Besides, the OP was riding on BFG Scorcher T/As. The R888 is in a completely different league. It's pretty obvious that he's not in the market for a competition tire.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scorchers were what the previous owner put on them. I really dont know a whole lot about tires aside from speed ratings. So i figured here is by far the best place to ask. I looked into getting a full set of Advans.

The R888's look like they grip like crazy...seem a bit cheaper than Advans too~

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
For street use, I have these:

Front size is BFG KDWII 205/40ZR/16
Rear size is BFG KDWII 235/40ZR/17

I got them when I purchased some LSS wheels from CCR Elise.

Anyway, they are good in the rain and I think they'll last quite a while they are rated 300 for treadwear, and do not have a lot of grip. The otherwise stock setup has some oversteer with these tires. They are very good for the street - I'll get more when these are done.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Scorchers were what the previous owner put on them. I really dont know a whole lot about tires aside from speed ratings. So i figured here is by far the best place to ask. I looked into getting a full set of Advans.

The R888's look like they grip like crazy...seem a bit cheaper than Advans too~
They do and they are. Just accept that you'll get ~5K miles out of them. If you're cool with that and don't have to deal all that much with wet conditions, go with 'em.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
For street use, I have these:

Front size is BFG KDWII 205/40ZR/16
Rear size is BFG KDWII 235/40ZR/17

I got them when I purchased some LSS wheels from CCR Elise.

Anyway, they are good in the rain and I think they'll last quite a while they are rated 300 for treadwear, and do not have a lot of grip. The otherwise stock setup has some oversteer with these tires. They are very good for the street - I'll get more when these are done.

dont you mean 205/45ZR/16?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts