The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my experience as a bmw forum moderator over the past 3 years, I've seen evidence of BMW North America pulling info from the boards, and I know with certainty that the aftermarket vendors read *everything*.

Lately, the Arnie article references the 'internet boards'.

Anyway, no real point to this, but I'll bet money that much of the real substance discussed here does reach Lotus, even if we all feel that our complaints/suggestions/thoughts are an exercise in futility. Especially considering that the US is vital to Lotus, so vital that Lotus acknowledges the importance of the US market and they fired Arnie (as perverse as this sounds).

So admin, do you know the real scoop based on hits from Hethel?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
What I know...

A number of employees have signed up here and read. I don't think any have posted. I know they read. We also know many dealers read too. :)

I know they read what is posted on here. I moderate based on that assumption. I have made it clear to a few Lotus people that if they see something that they have heartburn with, that has been posted on the forums, to let me know.

There have only been a couple of grumbles... and that one request to take down the April Fool's joke.

On a side note, I do know that some at Lotus England consider a strong forum presence in the USA an important thing. I do not think that is as true at Lotus USA right now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ok Lotus, if you're listening how about making an announcement as to when the first cars will be delivered. Some of us have waited years for this day and it's starting to get tiring.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ringmeister said:
Ok Lotus, if you're listening how about making an announcement as to when the first cars will be delivered. Some of us have waited years for this day and it's starting to get tiring.
what has your dealership told you?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I have been told this bit of information.

Your dealer knows. They should know.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
please update the car configurator site with the real pics of Graphite Grey, Starlight Black, Nightfall Blue and all the others that are still missing!

Thank you!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hope the "Lotus is watching" thread and the "how much price increase would you accept poll" have nothing in common.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
They read the UK forums too.

Shame they don't spend more time updating their own website, and OLC Forum & News which died a death once Nick Adams was drafted, absolutely nothing of interest on it now.

John

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
1984 Is Here

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
111R said:
They read the UK forums too.

Shame they don't spend more time updating their own website, and OLC Forum & News which died a death once Nick Adams was drafted, absolutely nothing of interest on it now.

John
I couldn't agree more. I was beginning to think that some at Lotus didn't know about the whole internet thing since their website update was last and never really finished. Also, they took down the forums on it too. I also don't understand why people from the company could read over and over about poor customer service and STILL do nothing. The fact that they sre reading this makes me even more mad becuase it is as if the are making NO attempt at good customer service, even after they are aware of the problems....:no:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
personally, I think it is great that they read the message boards! It is the best way for them to see what their customers want.
I would also like to add that it would greatly appreciated if some delivery schedule was made available from LCUSA.

·
Registered
866 Posts
adamant said:
personally, I think it is great that they read the message boards! It is the best way for them to see what their customers want.
I would also like to add that it would greatly appreciated if some delivery schedule was made available from LCUSA.
EXACTLY, and no one apparently has been listening, or there is some level of miscommunication and/or dare I say it....incompetence

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Lack
Of
Telling
Us
Something

The cars are supposed to be here in about a month and still we dont know how many cars are going to our dealer in each shipment or even when the cars are scheduled to be shipped.

If there is a production problem, let us or the dealers know what it is and give us at least some clue as to delivery numbers and dates. Its not like you are a giant company and have to go up or down 10 levels of management to receive or disseminate information.

Since a bunch or us have already placed our orders and the cars are already made and are awaiting the missing mystery part, cant we at least get a VIN number.......hey maybe thats the problem, the VIN number things that go on the car haven't arrived yet:)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
yeah - i think the production delay is for my ALCANTERA and BLACK WHEELS.... oh, did i mention i like the ALCANTERA interior instead of perforated leather... or how much i want BLACK WHEELS, if not. i will just say i want ALCANTERA AND BLACK WHEELS... yes, i am sure lotus is waiting to get them for me...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts