1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
1st I tried the spark plug defoiler trick..CEL after 50 or so miles. Then I tried Big Daddies straight CEL fix which was the cheapest bit they offered. Several hundred miles later no CEL. I'm happy with it so far.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have the big daddies one and I'm throwing a code....but I can still pass inspection by getting the other monitors ready while the catalyst monitor stays as not ready. dmc header and decat.

Not sure, but you may want to reach out to BOE about this, I think they can help out.

·
He's on fire!
3,159 Posts
Assuming you don't have an emissions test to pass, I would think BOE would be the answer here. They can give you a tune that will ignore the o2 sensor post when you aren't running a cat. It will not set the catalyst readiness state in the ECU, so if you have electronic emissions testing, it might not be the fix you are looking for.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Big Daddies angled mini cel eliminated my codes for 2 years on a Vision Function Tune. Last year I went with the BOE tune and decat where the second o2 sensor is ignored in the ECU. No problems and no codes. No inspection of any kind where I'm at.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I’ve used both the mini cat and the right angled adapter from Big Daddies, and I had the occasional CEL with the mini cat, but no CEL’s with the angled adapter.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve used both the mini cat and the right angled adapter from Big Daddies, and I had the occasional CEL with the mini cat, but no CEL’s with the angled adapter.
Thanks, you just saved me about $50.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Old thread, but I would like to report that Big Daddies right angled spacer eliminated my CEL.
Rev limiter light works as intended now.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Cool! I bought this a few months back in prep for my smog this December. I am hoping the monitors will set using this. A regular O2 spacer with a sport cat worked, but I want to try mini cat with decat. Will save me a lot of time and pain.

Old thread, but I would like to report that Big Daddies right angled spacer eliminated my CEL.
Rev limiter light works as intended now.

Where did you guys get the angled spacer?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I bought the angled spacer from Big Daddies Garage ("Angled CEL fix"). Plenty of others out there as well, but the one from BD is a quality piece, I can't speak for any others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts