1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
78 Posts
got a flyer for this on my car a while back, sounds like fun!

Are there going to be any dB limits for the driving clinic part?

·
Registered
76 Posts
got a flyer for this on my car a while back, sounds like fun!

Are there going to be any dB limits for the driving clinic part?
i do not believe there is a dB restriction for Driving Clinic

since it is not an AutoX, there are no timing and other rules and regulation

there are safety rules, but not performance or sound limitations, since it is designed to help you improve your driving skills, not timed

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
There is always supposed to be a db limit for ANY event held in the parking lot. Read the contract.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is always supposed to be a db limit for ANY event held in the parking lot. Read the contract.
I thought this is the case especially since auto-x uses the parking lot and has a dB limit. Bummer...:(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's the db limits:
87 dB before noon and 92 dB after noon.
So basically the driving clinic is only for stock cars? A stock exige s at WOT is producing 90.9 dB, so no way in hell is mine ever going to clear. :wallbang:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I highly doubt with 1500 car enthusiasts around, that anyone would have a problem with a beautiful sounding machine running in the Driving Clinic.

Im the organizer of the event, I dont have any issues with it. But of course SD BMWCCA is the one that gets decide. I would guess, you wont have any problem since we are doing a skidpad, there will be plenty of tire noise and other cars driving the course. No one will complain with noise in the middle of the day.

*shrugs* either way, bring your car out to the event, id love to see it!! hell, ill have a nice spot for you to park at the SCE booth

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I will put on my hat where I organize the SCCA events at Qualcomm and the problem is NOT the car enthusiasts. It is the people living across Friars road. And yes, they do complain. A few complaints to the local politicians and none of us will be using that lot. This has happened all across the US at other sites. So we strive to protect our lot. They do complain and recently. Letters were written in the last 6 months.

They used to let drifting take place at Qualcomm and they were banned.

Having said that, the 87db limit is mostly ignored even though it is on the contract. But a car at 93+db is a problem.

Keep any noises as minimal as possible before 9:00am. Common sense stuff.

I will try to be there with both a Noble M400 and the new Rossion Q1 cars.

I highly doubt with 1500 car enthusiasts around, that anyone would have a problem with a beautiful sounding machine running in the Driving Clinic.

Im the organizer of the event, I dont have any issues with it. But of course SD BMWCCA is the one that gets decide. I would guess, you wont have any problem since we are doing a skidpad, there will be plenty of tire noise and other cars driving the course. No one will complain with noise in the middle of the day.

*shrugs* either way, bring your car out to the event, id love to see it!! hell, ill have a nice spot for you to park at the SCE booth

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks Randy for the advise

i dont think the Driving Clinic will start til after 9am

SD BMW CCA's club will use it from 9-12pm in the morning
they will open it up for event use from 1pm til 4pm

I'm sure we can squeeze your beautiful cars in there somewhere ;)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Yeah, one of the BMW instructors that is organizing this works for me. :) I will be there with two cars.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I know Dan, but Kim works for me. She is going to be running her M3 there.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Yes, I do. Been a while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts