The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, LCS members have been awesome!
Nice to chat with you Jim and all others...
I had a rough first event LCS track day at Buttonwillow, and after wiping out, my car "engine start" button would not work...

Brent was kind enough to work on my car for over an hour to finally figure out the problem...if this were on a mechanics fee schedule I would have been emptying my wallet...Brent, I really appreciate it and owe you a beer and more when we get back to O.C.

The camraderie of LCS member is nice to always offer help...awesome organization all around!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics of the damage to front clam and front undertray....anyone know of a good fiberglass repair shop in the O.C. area?

The impact was hard enough to bend the front undertray metal - which Brent helped me take off - and the fog lights popped out from the impact on the front clam as well...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
one word...."Uberclam" :D

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
or you can search my threads and find the one where I fixed my clam.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or you can search my threads and find the one where I fixed my clam.
yea i did a search of "fiberglass repair" and tons of threads came up...none of which I could find in the OC area...do you have a link or name of your shop? thanks

·
Registered
1,831 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was the guy you spoke to at the end of the day Sunday. I told you about a Corvette repair shop in the San Fernando valley who repaired my rear clam for $300.
Here's the info:

THE CORVETTE SHOP
7537 Topanga canyon Blvd, Canoga Park
(818)992-8388

Ask for John.

·
Registered
269 Posts
there is a shop that i would recommend in el monte. Not sure if he has time. But nevertheless, i would not bring my ride anywhere else.
Hit me with a pm if you need info. peace

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Ed, anytime. When your car wasn't working, all I thought was you might miss the next days fun, I had to help. Glad you had as much fun at LCS as I did. Your progress over the weekend was impressive. Meeting people like you and everyone else there, is what will make the LCS grow into something great. Great people, cars, racing, and fun. Next event can't come soon enough.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Cory....thanks for taking a look at my car as well....hope your drive back to OH wasn't too bad, and hope you had fun in Vegas...

Also, thanks to Casey - he took a look at my car too...and he fixed many a car...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
still in Vegas until Monday, gotta get more racing in before I go back:shift:

Hey Cory....thanks for taking a look at my car as well....hope your drive back to OH wasn't too bad, and hope you had fun in Vegas...

Also, thanks to Casey - he took a look at my car too...and he fixed many a car...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts