The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way up to Raleigh for a company meeting lasting for the next few days. I figured this would be a good time to do the 15k mile service and get the car checked out for warranty items since it's nearing 3 years and I live 4 hours from the dealer. So I scheduled service in Durham for Thurs. morning.

As I was coming over the Santee bridge on I-95, the left turn signal assembly popped out and started thrashing around, held only by the turn signal wiring. I pulled over asap, and everything was okay except for a few rubber smudges on the clam from the rubber seal. I drove on up to the Triad with the turn signal riding shotgun minus the rubber seal. I pulled into Lotus of Durham 1/2 an hour before closing time looking for a repair. They had plenty of turn signal assemblies, but no left side rubber seals in stock. Ralph looked everywhere and even went searching the body shop for bashed up clams to pull one from Just as I was about to leave disappointed, Charlie comes out with one he had found off a car he was working on.

Thanks guys. You probably saved me from a ticket and illegal search. You certainly saved me from having to explain Lotus quality control to the Porsche and Corvette boys that I work with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts