The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, Ciro of CP Detailing (a.k.a. IWantAnElise here on the forum) came out to detail my wife's G35x. The car had not been waxed since last fall, and the interior was looking pretty dusty (we don't have kids, so it wasn't *that* bad).

Ciro showed up right when promised, and worked hard with incredible attention to detail through to the evening. He spent a couple hours getting really nasty brake dust deposits off the wheels, and then did a full interior clean and detail. The exterior followed with a three-step exterior clean/strip/polish, using two kinds of buffers expertly at all times.

I was consistently awed by the fact that he never took a shortcut, even when we were going past our original plan by a couple hours. Here is a guy who will definitely treat your car right, and will do what it takes to do the job right without compromising. He told me about different products that I could use to keep the cars looking good, and we also had a good time talking about new car models, etc. On top of this, he is unfailingly polite and professional. He really has all his stuff together.

Unfortunately for me, Ciro is going to be moving back to southeastern New York at the end of the month, but for any Lotustalk members up there, I could not recommend anyone more highly than Ciro.

I'm just a satisfied customer (well, way beyond satisfied). :clap::bow:

ed

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
He does my car twice a year - and he's the best!

I've only had him do my Elise. Do you have any before and after photos?

ps: I'm glad he's coming back up north - :coolnana:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thank-you Ed for the kind words. It makes my work much more satisfying. This G35x surprised me in the strength of the clearcoat. I had to use more aggressive products than expected, but the resuts were worth it. The process was as follows:
-wash
-clay bar
-Menzerna SIP via rotary and lake country thin orange pad
-A 70/30% mix of Optimum Poli-seal and Menzerna 106FF via rotary with a polishing pad
-Ultimate Detailing machine and Poli-seal with a polishing pad
-P21S
Here are the few pics that came out good...the others lacked the light that was necessary to describe the paint's condition well.

Before (w/o wax):

After (w/o wax):

Left side of hood untouched, right side of hood polished (w/o wax):

All done:

Thank-you Ed once again for your kindness and generosity. I look foward to discussing things with Bavarian Motorist and MidasHands I can't wait to see you!
CIAO,
Ciro

·
Registered
403 Posts
I can also attest he is great. Done my car a couple of times now and I will probably have it done later this Summer!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ckugel,
Thanks for the compliment...I am officially up in NY to serve the tri-state area and beyond. I can't wait to detail some more Lotuses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts