The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started looking into picking up an Evora GT. The closest one I can check out is a few hours drive away. Not a big deal, but before I do that I'm trying to find out if you guys think my feet would make the Evora a no go in the pedal box. I'm not interested in the auto. I'm 6'3" with size 13 wide clown feet. I know a lot of guys wear driving shoes to squeeze the big feet, but that would not work for me. I have severe neuropathy in my feet and need to wear a stiff hiking type shoe to walk around without pain. I would pretty much have to changes shoes as I get in and out of the car to wear a driving shoe. If I was looking for mostly a track car, I wouldn't mind that, but this would be for buzzing around town, or fun drives in the mountains. Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've started looking into picking up an Evora GT. The closest one I can check out is a few hours drive away. Not a big deal, but before I do that I'm trying to find out if you guys think my feet would make the Evora a no go in the pedal box. I'm not interested in the auto. I'm 6'3" with size 13 wide clown feet. I know a lot of guys wear driving shoes to squeeze the big feet, but that would not work for me. I have severe neuropathy in my feet and need to wear a stiff hiking type shoe to walk around without pain. I would pretty much have to changes shoes as I get in and out of the car to wear a driving shoe. If I was looking for mostly a track car, I wouldn't mind that, but this would be for buzzing around town, or fun drives in the mountains. Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Size 12 here, also similar height, id recommend have some slim shoes for sure, Ive had some wider more "comfy" shoes interfere, just gotta be careful and try different shoes out until you find the "one" Im not sure on your pain situation, but the car is for sure worth the time it takes to swap shoes!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
822 Posts
I would not want to drive an Evora with hiking type shoes. I wear casual driving shoes from Piloti when I drive my 400 (same pedal box as as the GT) which I know isn't an option for you, but they aren't the narrowest shoe, it's not hard to hit two pedals at once with my size 11 feet.

I test drove a S with its smaller pedal box while wearing dress shoes and it was borderline undriveable.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
190 Posts
I'd say the chance of it working is worth an hour or two road trip to go sit n see.

But here's the information for your own decisions
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Sleeve Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Asphalt Road surface

Gesture Guitar accessory Automotive tire Musical instrument accessory Bumper

Textile Grey Sleeve Rectangle Font

Vertically there's a ton of room - that black portion of the dash is like a false bottom.

Also re foot wear choices. If you haven't gone to high support hard insoles... $30-40, world's better than anything that comes 'stock' in any shoes.

Reactions: KCZ and Lckitty

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'd say the chance of it working is worth an hour or two road trip to go sit n see.

But here's the information for your own decisions View attachment 1324008
View attachment 1324007
View attachment 1324005
View attachment 1324006
Vertically there's a ton of room - that black portion of the dash is like a false bottom.

Also re foot wear choices. If you haven't gone to high support hard insoles... $30-40, world's better than anything that comes 'stock' in any shoes.
Thanks everyone. I had done several searches and didn't really find anything useful. It looks like I should at least take the drive. I sat in an Evora when they first came out, so I know the rest of me fits. @Frohst, thanks a ton for the detail. I've lost 80% of the nerves from my knees down, so I have had to be in custom orthotics with a carbon fiber layer for many years now. It is kind of cool to have CF in my shoes! I'm just glad I can still ride motorcycles and drive a stick, somehow my brain still controls what goes on down there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey bud, I second the reply on taking the 1-2 hour drive to actually sit in one and feel the pedals for space in person. My wife was very interested in an Evora GT early this year, but there were none anywhere near us and she had never seen one, let alone sit in one. So one day during the week in April, we drove up to Summit Lotus to see the cars in person. They had 4 new cars still (all IPS), and even a used IPS to go for a drive in (she wanted a manual, but this will give some idea on ride and such). But it worked as she got to see first hand how it looked & felt seating wise inside.

As you have larger feet than me (I wear an 11 but have long legs), it's definitely worth it for absolute certainty if it's comfortable to drive. I used to wear lots of sneakers (basketball & actual tennis shoes mainly) when I drive my Mustang, but I started wearing my old Piloti and Hunziker driving shoes, when going to Cars & Coffee, just to wear them out. Got real used to the low to the ground feel. Just got a new pair of Pilotis (new owners) and they definitely help when I'm driving her car (a 2020 Evora GT a few months ago). Pedal spacing is tight, so many regular sneakers might be too wide but driving shoes (Puma Speedcats, Chicane and others) work. But once you see if the pedal box is roomy enough, then you can find the right driving shoes. Good luck with your search. 👍

·
Registered
343 Posts
my feet are 11’s & I fit OK, took me a while to not have to think about braking and not keeping part of my foot on the gas pedal.

A friends sat in my GT a few weeks ago, he’s 6ft 9in and I think size 17 shoes. Just a day or so prior to showing him my evora he inherited a c7 vette, he couldn’t believe the GT has more room everywhere. I think except for the distance between the pedals…. He asked me where is the clutch…. he didnt realize gas/brake pedals were under his foot.

anyways, yea as others stated worth a drive

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my feet are 11’s & I fit OK, took me a while to not have to think about braking and not keeping part of my foot on the gas pedal.

A friends sat in my GT a few weeks ago, he’s 6ft 9in and I think size 17 shoes. Just a day or so prior to showing him my evora he inherited a c7 vette, he couldn’t believe the GT has more room everywhere. I think except for the distance between the pedals…. He asked me where is the clutch…. he didnt realize gas/brake pedals were under his foot.

I couldn't imagine what a pain it must be to be that big with most cars. It's bad enough at my size! We had an '87 911 cab for many years. I learned the hard way what happened when I wore too wide a shoe to drive that. It's super exciting when you stab the clutch for a quick shift and accidentally drive the brake pedal to the floor at the same time with your giant foot!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You could spread the clutch and brake to either side a little with custom machine pedals. Have you considered the IPS models at all?
I haven't driven an IPS, but I would like to keep driving a stick as long as I can. I see at the Jersey dealers that all their new stock are IPS cars. If it was a twin clutch I would be much more open to it. I'll have to look at one when I go over there.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
1,042 Posts
Size 10's here and I must wear narrow shoes or I'll catch one foot on the other. I almost rear ended a truck on my second day of ownership because of this. The biggest help is very narrow soles... today's sneakers often have "flaired" soles that have a much wider footprint than the insole. Find shoes that don't have that and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts

These cars do have crazy amounts of space in the front seat area as you would never assume they would have this much space. I always said a 6'6" guy could fit, but a 6'9" with 17 shoes is even better! and you're right the pedal box is tight, driving with 17 shoes must be a challenge!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I couldn't imagine what a pain it must be to be that big with most cars. It's bad enough at my size! We had an '87 911 cab for many years. I learned the hard way what happened when I wore too wide a shoe to drive that. It's super exciting when you stab the clutch for a quick shift and accidentally drive the brake pedal to the floor at the same time with your giant foot!
Yea, good and bad without a doubt, he pretty much only drives ford trucks because they have room for him. he wanted to be a fighter pilot but can’t fit… just like majority of the roller coasters.

several years back I put a volleyball team in a competitive league. Myself and the setter were the short ones at 6ft, outside hitters were 6ft 2 and 6ft 3…. Middle was 6ft 6 and the new guy was 7ft 4in & a BIG guy, not a bean pole. Seeing peoples expression when he came in was crazy, just a huge guy…, he was new to the sport so more of a liability then anything but crazy big.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts