The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a motorcycle and was curious as to what good cruising bikes are out there? Not looking to spend a whole bunch now. Just want something to have fun on. Any suggestions? :shrug:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm partial to my standard version of the Suzuki SV650, but I've heard good things about the Kawasaki 650 twin. There is a sport version called Ninja and there's a more adventure touring version called Versys I believe. Suzuki also has the V-Strom with the same engine as the SV650 but it's more of an adventure touring set up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
For Cruise bikes I'd recommend the 1100 Yamaha V-star Classic. They are very affordable if you go used. The 600 is even cheaper but just lacks power on freeway cruising. Too much vibration also.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I'm partial to my standard version of the Suzuki SV650, but I've heard good things about the Kawasaki 650 twin. There is a sport version called Ninja and there's a more adventure touring version called Versys I believe. Suzuki also has the V-Strom with the same engine as the SV650 but it's more of an adventure touring set up. Hope this helps.
I just rode my friends 650 Ninja twin the other day. What a great beginner bike. Not gonna wheelie on you but has enough power in the upper range, handles great, light and easy to toss around, low. A great bike for it's purpose.

For a cruiser a friend of mine has a 1300 Honda VTX he is very happy with. I've rode it and it a nice riding bike for a cruiser. Comfortable, etc. For a cruiser though nothing holds the value and has the appeal of ol HD. Maybe look for something used? There should be plenty on the market. With all the home foreclosures I'm sure lots of people can't afford to keep their toys right now either.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
If yours was red or yellow I would buy it. I am not a fan of tricolor:shrug: Good luck with the sale Allan. :)
Thanks but I haven't totally committed myself to selling it yet. Maybe soon. :shrug:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have one of these: http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/en/bikes/model.jhtml?model=2385

Its a lot like my old Yamaha XT 350 and Kawasaki KLR 650. Very comfortable standard ridding position wheelie machines. The Hypermotard also handles like my Lotus compared to many other bikes I've ridden. I'm not saying it beats everything around the corners, but it has fantastic feedback that's very confidence inspiring and allows me to go faster. I commute to work in NW Washington, DC on it when the weather cooperates (like yesterday) and its a ton of fun ripping through traffic carrying the front end in first and second:clap:

Haven't had it long enough to get a ticket yet, but between it and the BWR on the Elise, I'm heading for one this year;)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Anyone want to share their thoughts on that Ninja 250R?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts