The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still looking to get on the reservation list should contact Bill Reudgen and find out how long you
might expect to wait before delivery
at Reservation #30.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just to clarify...

Before anyone starts the flame war, could you clarify whether you mean that Valenti has only 29 deposits so far, so the next in line is #30, or if they are trying to sell a spot in the middle of the list because someone has dropped out?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pay MSRP for vehicle. You will get a P.O.
mailed to you (signed by Valenti) stating
your Res. #. The deposit is $1,000 . There is a conveyance fee of $239 that applies to all the brands they carry, including Audi, Saab & VW.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did he indicate when the refundable deposit was made non-refundable?
~John

Ridgemanron said:
Pay MSRP for vehicle. You will get a P.O.
mailed to you (signed by Valenti) stating
your Res. #. The deposit is $1,000 which is refundable. There is a conveyance fee of $239 that applies to all the brands they carry, including Audi, Saab & VW.
Other than that, no surprises.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I placed a deposit with them. I am number 31. They asked me to spec out the car but I told them I did not want to spec it out until it was time to actually place the order.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found Bill Reudgen to be an excellent dealer rep.. He is always available to answer any and all questions
you might have as well as being an honest provider of Lotus info as he
receives it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am #32 @ Valenti, and #135 @ Criswell in MD (down the street from my house).

Bill told me they are selling $1000 over MSRP, whatever it finalizes to be. He also mentioned he just talked to Lotus, and they plan on turning 200 cars per month starting in August and the distribution would be even amongst dealers.

·
Registered
607 Posts
nxm150 said:
HUH? $1000 over MSRP? I am #31. That is not what they told me.
What did Bill tell you? I am #33 there as of today. Woohoo!! :D :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
nxm150 said:
cranium and prolene, did you spec out your car with them?
Bill asked what color would be my choice. I pretty much said Ardent Red, LSS, hardtop, and lightweight option should that become available at the time of order.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did not spec, said I wanted to see some of the colors in person before deciding. #30-33 should call back and find out if you have 1k over MSRP. Bill was certain thats what they were selling it for.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
cranium said:
I did not spec, said I wanted to see some of the colors in person before deciding. #30-33 should call back and find out if you have 1k over MSRP. Bill was certain thats what they were selling it for.
Well, I guess I will call and get my 1K back.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
cranium said:
Bill told me they are selling $1000 over MSRP, whatever it finalizes to be. He also mentioned he just talked to Lotus, and they plan on turning 200 cars per month starting in August and the distribution would be even amongst dealers.
As mentioned in another thread, we should all be wary of any information we receive from a particular dealer. There's been a lot of misinformation out there, and it's best to be suspicious of anything that's not corraborated by an official Lotus announcement, or at the very least, by other dealerships.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts