The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Direction's adjustable, the inner ring is a vent ball that moves around. You can't quite close it off though. I didn't weigh the factory vent - that's plastic so it has the weight advantage there, but it also has more parts and is overall bigger...probably a wash.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
https://www.restomodair.com/shopproducts/quantum-vortex-billet-aluminum-a-c-vent/ this is the one I'm using in my car - 2.5'' inner hole & 2.75'' outer. 3'' works too, it's just a matter of aesthetics. The second pic I posted was a 3'' outer. I did have to dremel a little bit off the inner ring to get these to fit though. I suspect going back to stock may not yield great results if you do expand them, unless you shim.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
So the 2.75” fits without dremel work? And what are the two options 1. Part only and 2. With system purchase?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the 2.75” fits without dremel work? And what are the two options 1. Part only and 2. With system purchase?
They Sell AC systems and give you a discount if you buy their system - you don't want that. You want the "Part only" option.

Both the 2.75'' and 3'' require a bit of dremeling - the inner hose diameter is fine, it's just that these mount via universal compression fit, and our factory vents have four slits in the plastic - so you'll have to remove a bit to get these to fit. My carbon dash had smaller/less circular openings than the stock dash though, so you might be able to get away with a little less grinding. I feel like it'd be pretty easy to go back to stock with some shims, even if the hole became too big :)

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those look very nice. For my information, how do you remove the stock vents?

Thanks -

Mark
You could try pulling on them, but that's liable to rip the front vent piece from the hose piece off(ask me how I know). The best way to do it is to remove the dash trim piece(a few screws), and push it out from behind. They sit via a compression fit mechanism, similar to these ones(but not exactly the same, stock uses a four-slit compression whereas these alum vents use a universal fit).

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
They Sell AC systems and give you a discount if you buy their system - you don't want that. You want the "Part only" option.

Both the 2.75'' and 3'' require a bit of dremeling - the inner hose diameter is fine, it's just that these mount via universal compression fit, and our factory vents have four slits in the plastic - so you'll have to remove a bit to get these to fit. My carbon dash had smaller/less circular openings than the stock dash though, so you might be able to get away with a little less grinding. I feel like it'd be pretty easy to go back to stock with some shims, even if the hole became too big :)
I have a carbon dash too. But I’m just debating on forking out such serious cash for some vents. Thanks for all your info though.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a carbon dash too. But I’m just debating on forking out such serious cash for some vents. Thanks for all your info though.
Sure! Yeah I had second thoughts for sure, given the price but now that I have them I think they're worth it. They're really gorgeous in person, perfectly complement the carbon interior. They're also made in the USA, which I'm a sucker for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You could try pulling on them, but that's liable to rip the front vent piece from the hose piece off(ask me how I know). The best way to do it is to remove the dash trim piece(a few screws), and push it out from behind. They sit via a compression fit mechanism, similar to these ones(but not exactly the same, stock uses a four-slit compression whereas these alum vents use a universal fit).
Thanks for the information. I'll probably have the dash apart to install the garw LCD dash soon, so I can
do the vent replacement then. I've got a couple of the stock vents that are broken.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello looks awsome and great job, do you have some more pictures ?
Maybe one where you can see most of all vents in one shot? I like to know how it looks overall when all vents are mounted.
Are there any other vents on the market wich you can use ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts