The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think its beneficial to go for it from std yellow bilsteins? Or just directly go to higher shelf? In terms of suspension I'm complete ignorant.

·
Less is Better
2,480 Posts
Monkeywrench sells the PSS10 for about $2800. You can get Penske singles for about that price or get Nitron NTRs and actually save money. I see no reason to even consider Bilstein.

·
Less is Better
2,480 Posts
I wouldn't. For less than half the price you can get Nitron Streets which are also excellent.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bought some Nitron Fast Road NTR singles and I'm deliriously happy with them! I was concerned with the shorter bodies about not getting enough street ride height, but no concerns, as I'm at about 132 mm even. Ride motions are so much better than stock Bilstein/Eibach setup, and I have the ability to firm up for track days. The Nitrons come only with droop springs for the rear, but it seems that's where they're most needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldn't. For less than half the price you can get Nitron Streets which are also excellent.
I just had a full track pack installed on my Elise and I went with $1250 Nitron Street Series 111/R NTCLO014_NSS

They are AMAZING!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,090 Posts
Spend the extra money for the Penskes from Blackwatch Racing. You won't regret it. My car previously had Nitrons, and they weren't in the same league IMHO.

San

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
270 Posts
My advice, respectfully, would be to wait. These cars have so much handling potential right from the factory, money is better spent on HPDE sessions. Learn to master the tools of the car first, then upgrade.

I did a Nitron Street series upgrade, more for the ability to soften the ride on the street, then tighten things up a bit on track. After a half a dozen or so track sessions with stock suspension, I went with the Nitrons. 2 years and 12+ more track days later, I'm still the limiting factor in the lap time equation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts