The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Auto-cross use.
Im thinking the most economical way to get stiffer springs and higher valving is to just rebuild the stock track pack Bilsteins and get stiffer springs.

Has anyone tried this?

would it be a good idea?

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
that's weird...just looked. Well, they're Hypersport springs. Same length as stock springs 8" front, 10" back. THey're 325/450, IIRC. Call them up.

I was going to buy them, but I'm looking for these springs, but an inch shorter for each.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
if your going to run modified i would think there would be better modified options?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But if the Bilsteins are rebuildable, then rebuilding them is a far cheaper option than any of the adjustable shocks available for the Elise. You can get non-adjustable Bilsteins re-valved for under $250 for the whole set.
yes, that is the point, to save $$
actually the track pack bilsteins are very well built shocks, their just a little on the soft side.
So getting them re valved to handle a spring rate of 400/550 and spending under $1k is a great option, I think.

The guys at Bilstein also told me that the adjustable shocks in the current state should be able to handle this higher spring rate.
But getting them re valved would give me more adjust ability options.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
For what it is worth, I just had Bilstein rebuild my shocks on the Noble and replace the springs. They did them in a short time frame and finished it this morning. I am very pleased with the work they did and the pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
What was the final price for a rebuild?

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.