The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Little Bastard said:
Thanks Mitch. You are right about the options. But I am sure about the color: Saffron Yellow. Ayrton Senna drove a yellow Lotus and I idolized him since I was about 7 years old and always told myself; I will own a yellow Lotus some day. :D

Neil
Neil,

Yeh I happen to like Saffron Yellow. You can't go wrong with that color on an Elise. It looks awesome!!!
Yeh Aryton Senna, I've heard of him, I have one of his helmets in a glass case in my office. Check it out.
Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Hermanlotus- Props on the Senna helmet. How did you get it if I may ask? - must be a story behind it eh?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Neil,

Yeh I happen to like Saffron Yellow. You can't go wrong with that color on an Elise. It looks awesome!!!
Yeh Aryton Senna, I've heard of him, I have one of his helmets in a glass case in my office. Check it out.
Mitch
Holly Sh#t dude. That's freaking awsome!!! You have the helmet of one of the greatest drivers (pilots) ever!!!
Seeing that helmet brings back a lot of memories. I cryed like a little girl the day he died. :( Watched it live on TV in Europe. I'll never forget that day.

Neil

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
_JD_ said:
Hermanlotus- Props on the Senna helmet. How did you get it if I may ask? - must be a story behind it eh?
It was 1995 and I walked into the F1 store in Monoco plunked down a couple grand and walked our the door with it. The F1 Store in Monoco is a sight to behold for all F1 fans. Just the photos on the walls are museum pieces.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Little Bastard said:
Holly Sh#t dude. That's freaking awsome!!! You have the helmet of one of the greatest drivers (pilots) ever!!!
Seeing that helmet brings back a lot of memories. I cryed like a little girl the day he died. :( Watched it live on TV in Europe. I'll never forget that day.

Neil
It is one of his back up helmets and I not even sure if he ever wore it. Each GP driver goes the circuits with about 5 or 6 helmets. This was one of the back ups for him. I will never ever sell it. At the time they did have one of his Marlboro McLaren helmets, but it was like $2,000 more than the Williams helmet that I picked up.

Yeh I'm only lucky to have seen him race with my own eyes. He was just awesome, in a class by himself. I am certain if he were alive today Schumacher would not dominate the sport the way he has. Senna would have given him a good run for his money. Just my thoughts.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
159 Posts
Herman

Just so happens I have a large image of Senna wearing that helmet in the Marlboro car. One difference is there is a Marlboro logo on the front of the helmet, like your 93 GP image.

There is a fella wheel to wheel with him as well. You may recall Nigel Mansel in the Camel Elf.

I've owned the pricng for at least fifteen years and have often wondered the location of this event. Could have been a number of places I'm sure. Hope you can make it out the picture is relatively dark.

I cried that day too Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
hermanslotus said:
It is one of his back up helmets and I not even sure if he ever wore it. Each GP driver goes the circuits with about 5 or 6 helmets. This was one of the back ups for him. I will never ever sell it. At the time they did have one of his Marlboro McLaren helmets, but it was like $2,000 more than the Williams helmet that I picked up.

Yeh I'm only lucky to have seen him race with my own eyes. He was just awesome, in a class by himself. I am certain if he were alive today Schumacher would not dominate the sport the way he has. Senna would have given him a good run for his money. Just my thoughts.

Best Wishes,
Mitch
No kidding. Michael Schmacher who... Ferrari what? Senna was the most aggressive driver to ever drive a car. He drove in the rain like the water on the track didn't even exist! Nicest guy off the track an assassin on it. Senna vs. Prost best battles ever!

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
trifecta99 said:
Herman

Just so happens I have a large image of Senna wearing that helmet in the Marlboro car. One difference is there is a Marlboro logo on the front of the helmet, like your 93 GP image.

There is a fella wheel to wheel with him as well. You may recall Nigel Mansel in the Camel Elf.

I've owned the pricng for at least fifteen years and have often wondered the location of this event. Could have been a number of places I'm sure. Hope you can make it out the picture is relatively dark.

Nice picture...You guys are making me want to start a collection too. Maybe after I buy the Elise. :)

Neil

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Senna was the best ever. Period.

His last race will be replayed on Speed this Saturday - check your listings.

The F1 store in Monaco is totally out of control. I had to leave it quickly because I would have been in debt forever had I stayed longer - hopefully I'll get back before too long.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
trifecta99 said:
Herman

That photo is from Monoco 1991. Senna raced neck and neck with Mansell most of the race and won. It was one his finest performances. I have a Lazer Disc video of it from 1991. They showed Mansell on the ground, totally exhausted and out of breath after Senna just beat him by less than a car length. A truley great race to watch.

BTW very nice photo indeed.

Best wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
meat said:
Senna was the best ever. Period.

His last race will be replayed on Speed this Saturday - check your listings.

The F1 store in Monaco is totally out of control. I had to leave it quickly because I would have been in debt forever had I stayed longer - hopefully I'll get back before too long.
Meat,

I can't agree with you more.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Yes collecting is a lot of fun, though not fun on my wallet:(

Best Wishes,
Mitch
Hey you only live once!!! Might as well suround yourself with things you love. :cool:

Neil

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
trifecta99 said:
Herman - Thanks for filling in the blanks for me.

Somehow I suspected you would have the answer.
No problem at all, that is one very nice photo. I'm going to go home tonight and look for that old Lazer Disc and watch that race again. I never get tired of it. It's one of Senna's finest next to his Brazil GP win.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
trifecta99 said:
Would love to see the race myself. Where could a guy find an old copy of that Disk?
I second that! As a matter of fact any movies or videos on Senna and his races. When I lived in Europe I took all that for granted. I can't seem to find any good stuff here in the States.

Thanks
Neil

41 - 60 of 75 Posts