The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
hermanslotus said:
That photo is from Monoco 1991. Senna raced neck and neck with Mansell most of the race and won. It was one his finest performances. I have a Lazer Disc video of it from 1991. They showed Mansell on the ground, totally exhausted and out of breath after Senna just beat him by less than a car length. A truley great race to watch.

BTW very nice photo indeed.

Best wishes,
Mitch
I always remember seeing Mansell and Senna go the whole length of the straight at Spain wheel to wheel, sometimes within inches of each other. Thats a real long straight too.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
trifecta99 said:
Would love to see the race myself. Where could a guy find an old copy of that Disk?
You might be able to find it on E-bay or do a internet search. They are rare I must say since not many F1 GP were recored to Lazer Disc. I am only aware of 4 races that ever made it to disc and I only have 2 of those races on Lazer.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Just a reminder this weekend of SPEED is the 1994 GP from San Marino. A very sad weekend that one was. I believe the race is on Speed late tonight. I'll make sure I have my tissue box out for this one.

Best Wishes,
Mitch
:( :( :( :( :(

Neil

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just a reminder this weekend of SPEED is the 1994 GP from San Marino. A very sad weekend that one was. I believe the race is on Speed late tonight. I'll make sure I have my tissue box out for this one.
Thanks Mitch

Truly a sad race and tumultous time for GP racing.

The only race that comes to my mind as vivdly as that one is an IMSA event where Doc Bundy in the then new Vette got tangled up exiting a corner and the car takes flight, landing upside down on the guard rail. A number of cars were taken out in that incident and if memory serves it was the last lap of the race. Spectacular and I don't recall anyone being seriously injured.

Chris

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
trifecta99 said:
Thanks Mitch

Truly a sad race and tumultous time for GP racing.

The only race that comes to my mind as vivdly as that one is an IMSA event where Doc Bundy in the then new Vette got tangled up exiting a corner and the car takes flight, landing upside down on the guard rail. A number of cars were taken out in that incident and if memory serves it was the last lap of the race. Spectacular and I don't recall anyone being seriously injured.

Chris
Chris,

I remeber back in 1991 and 1992 watching Doc Bunday and Paul Newman race Lotus Esprits on the same team at Lime Rock Park in the IMSA series. I will never forget those days. I have several photo's of this. Now, I'll have to dig through my millions of photos to find them.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Collection? I have one of H.H. Frentzen's driving suits (a Sparco Tech 5 he wore testing for Arrows). It has his name and a German flag on the belt. I wear it when I race...

61 - 75 of 75 Posts