The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys this is really weird.

So i bought my car from Newport European. Today I get a box that shipped UPS Overnight from Symbolic. On the box it said Happy Birthday (my birthday is 10/31) and inside there was a Lotus Polo Shirt and a keychain :confused:

anyone else gotten something like this? why would it have come from Symbolic? The only other thing in the box was Symbolic's assistent parts manager's business card.

The shirt is pretty sweet. It's pretty cool the stuff came but i'm completely confused.

-Steve

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Maybe someone you know bought it for you from the Symbolic parts department (they probably searched on the internet and that's what they found) and had it shipped to you overnight!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Huh! How did they know your birthday?

I have a deposit with them, and I'm pretty sure they don't know mine.

In any case, that's a mighty fine gesture.

As I'm finding out, car dealerships can be totally schitzophrenic.. parts, service, and sales can each be demonic or friendly.

Hopefully Symbolic parts & service is the good kid in the family, since they're less than a mile from my house.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AH i figured it out.

My father sent me an email the other day and told me i'd be receiving a birthday present without a card from him. I didn't put two and two together until right now.

Thanks dad!

-Steve

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
LOL...

I had my hopes all up for a gift come January! Symbolic did send me (what I assume everyone gets) a gift basket for buying the car.

Please have your dad send me the same gift on January 2 to make up for my disappointment. :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Randy Chase said:
LOL...

I had my hopes all up for a gift come January! Symbolic did send me (what I assume everyone gets) a gift basket for buying the car.

Please have your dad send me the same gift on January 2 to make up for my disappointment. :)
i got a plant in a nice wicker basket from newport euro when i bought the car.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
offroadr35 said:
i got a plant in a nice wicker basket from newport euro when i bought the car.

I got the same from Newport Euro.

I wonder if they send you a tree if you buy a Roller:)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hey, I didn't get anything when I bought mine!

Well, that's ok, as long as I didn't get screwed, I didn't need to get anything else!:D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Don't feel bad......I didn't get anything from Desert European either, not even a thank you!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Criswell sent me some peanut brittle so I can add more weight to my fat american self.. re: LINK

Thanks Criswell! ;)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I got what I most wanted: a great sales experience, my car early (compared to most), and so far excellent support, both in parts, service, and auto body. A first class organization, Rothrock is. And take a look at my new thread I'm about to create-pictures from the manager of the autobody! Talk about above and beyond!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Genjuro said:
Criswell sent me some peanut brittle so I can add more weight to my fat american self.. re: LINK

Thanks Criswell! ;)
Me too!

Got the car in August, and not long after, I got a box delivered. Opened the box, and up popped a balloon with Thanks on it, and a box of beaned brittle tied to the ribbon...:clap:

·
Registered
979 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
FVMC gave me a basket with some champagne, crackers, cheese, etc... when I picked the car up on Friday.
Wow, that's cool. But where would you fit crackers in an Elise for the ride home?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got a check back from Maplecrest...paid too much sales tax, I would have liked a bottle of champagne though, on second thought, a bottle of Remy Martin Louis XIII would have been even better.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I got a swift kick in the butt last time I was at Symbolic.... AND the door hit me on the way out.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
OriginalBlackCi said:
Wow, that's cool. But where would you fit crackers in an Elise for the ride home?
Funny you should say that...

Between the cover I bought, the paperwork, my digital camera, and the basket... it was a tight squeeze in the cabin on the way home :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts