The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To celebrate my birthday tomorrow, my wife just told me she has arranged a balloon ride with champagne breakfast...CAN'T WAIT :nanner:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Balloon ride......hmmmmmm.....Did she specify hot air or helium??

Either way, happy birthday!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Happy Birthday!

Where can you do this around here?

I know you can go on helicopter rides at No County Airport, but I have never seen balloons around here before.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I have at least 20 hours in hot air balloons.... you'll love it. We used to do "splash & dashes" while flying over ponds...we'd come down, touch the water and ascend again. We'd do the same thing to treetops and railroad tracks. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I have at least 20 hours in hot air balloons.... you'll love it. We used to do "splash & dashes" while flying over ponds...we'd come down, touch the water and ascend again. We'd do the same thing to treetops and railroad tracks. Cool stuff.

Railroad tracks??? Dude... That's like asking for an epic fail.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
umm I lived in a very remote area. no trains for many many miles around. ( abandoned tracks )

·
Registered
198 Posts
One of the things on my to do list is to skydive from a hot air balloon, I've jumped from planes and hellicopters but no balloons or base. :cool: YET:evil:
Happy B-Day

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
We used to do "splash & dashes" while flying over ponds...we'd come down, touch the water and ascend again. We'd do the same thing to treetops and railroad tracks. Cool stuff.
...it's a lot of fun with high-tension transmission lines, too...

·
Registered
773 Posts
One of the things on my to do list is to skydive from a hot air balloon, I've jumped from planes and hellicopters but no balloons or base. :cool: YET:evil:
Happy B-Day
It's awesome. The dead-quiet completely still air upon exit of the gondola, and falling away in pure, quiet peace is an experience worth having. Go for it! :cool:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
happy birfday!!!

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CANCELLED due to higher than acceptable winds, damn :shrug:
Up at 5:00am and no where to go :confused:

·
Banned